GF Fav Meals?

Options
Hello everyone, just thought I would start a spot where we could perhaps share some GF meals? My husband (not GF) is a picky eater so when I make something GF, I have to make something different for him..most of the time anyway. Anyone got any good GF recipes they can share?

I have one - Mexi Chicken:
4-6 Chicken Breast in a dish
Pour a bottle of salsa over it and cook 350 ~ 30 min or until chicken is cooked.
Spread some shredded cheese and crumpled tortilla chips on the top, leave it in for 5 more min, low broil if you want.
Take it out and serve. I usually have black beans with this too.

Anyone else? :smile:

Replies

• Suzitthorne
    Suzitthorne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My husband is gluten free and has a corn allergy also. We do a lot of rice dishes-love Chinese fried rice with Chinese barbeque pork.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Avocado and bacon salad although chicken and bacon stir fry with rice noodles and thai seven spice is a close second. Yep I do have a thing for bacon.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This one is great for lunch -

1 smallish (3 - 4oz) chicken breast, cooked, seasoned, and cubed
    6 - 8 whole cherry tomatoes
    1/4c feta or mozzarella cheese, cubed
    1 TBS olive oil
    1 TBS capers (I like these but you can leave out)
    pinch of garlic powder or minced garlic
    pinch of rosemary
    pinch of basil
    pinch of salt

Mix together and enjoy. Even better if you can let it sit for about an hour or so before eating.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Some of our favourites are:
    - baked potato or rice pasta topped with sauces (build your own)
    - chili, taco salad, tacos, etc.
    - stir fry
    - soups/stews
    - breakfast for supper (pancakes, crepes, hash browns, etc.)
    - homemade pizza
    - falafel in homemade wraps
    - roasted veggies
    - sushi
  • michcat17
    michcat17 Posts: 13
    Options
    These are great! Thank you for the ideas!
    Falafel, wow...haven't had one since going GF! Will have to look that up unless you care to share the recipe pdworkman? Same with BBQ Chinese chicken! Love these, thanks!!!
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Easy peasy!

Ingredients:
    4 cups Garbanzo Beans; 2 cans
    4 cloves Garlic; minced
    2 teaspoons Cumin
    1 teaspoon Turmeric
    1 teaspoon Salt
    1/2 cup Onion; finely minced
    1/4 cup Parsley; minced
    1 tablespoon Lemon juice
    1 dash Cayenne
    1/3 cup gf flour - I use garbanzo

Instructions:

Rinse the garbanzos and drain them well. If they were canned, just drain them.
    Combine all ingredients (except flour) in a food processor or a medium sized bowl and process or mash until batter is uniform. Add flour and stir/process until thoroughly combined. The batter can be stored in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for several days.
    Preheat oven to 400?. Get a baking pan, cookie sheet, pie tin--whatever. Spray it with non-stick spray for best results and form the batter with a spoon into a flattened ball.

These are great! Thank you for the ideas!
    Falafel, wow...haven't had one since going GF! Will have to look that up unless you care to share the recipe pdworkman? Same with BBQ Chinese chicken! Love these, thanks!!!
  • michcat17
    Options
    Thank you! I will try this soon!!! :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I usually rotate a few meals each week that my husband likes that aren't too obviously gluten free:

Steak or chicken tacos w/ corn tortillas. I toast the tortillas up in a pan and that makes them taste way better! Served with rice and beans!

Steak or chicken stir-fry with mixed veggies and pineapple. San-J makes some really good GF sauces like orange sauce and teriyaki!

Shephard's Pie...ground beef cooked w/ carrot and mushroom topped with mashed potatoes and cheese and baked.

Baked pasta. You can't really tell the noodles are gluten free after it's smothered in sauce and cheese.

Roasted whole chicken served with fried apples, veggies, and sometimes GF corn bread.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki chicken - I make my own sauce.

Stir Fry

Lettuce wraps - chicken, bacon, mayo and bbq sauce all wrapped in a romaine leaf. Mmmmmm.

Roast Chicken/Roast Pork Loin

Pot Roast wtih potatoes and carrots

Stew - Chicken or Beef

Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Slow Cooker Pulled pork - my husband eats his on a real bun, my kids use GF buns, I eat just the meat. One of our favourites though.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    One of my home made gf pizzas that i make in a big baking tray.
    yummy,some times i make the cheese less as well.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Another dinner favorite -

Spaghetti Sauce over fried eggplant slices or polenta slices.

I add super lean ground beef to my GF spaghetti sauce to bulk it up a bit. Not the traditional method but quick and family friendly.
    I make a breading with coconut/almond flour and some italian seasonings
    Coat the eggplant slices in breading, then fry in coconut oil or olive oil.
    Fry until crispy and browned on the outside then top with sauce.

Fry sliced polenta (corn meal mush refrigerated then sliced when firm) in coconut or olive oil - no need to bread, season to taste, then top with sauce.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am also vegetarian so my go-to recipes are also veggie based, but I am really loving this Sloppy Joe recipe as of late: http://hellyeahitsvegan.com/vegan-sloppy-joes/
  • maracuya23
    maracuya23 Posts: 122
    Options
    quinoa-chickpea pilaf with garlic sauce and pomegranate seeds (vegetarian / adaptable to be vegan too!)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/maracuya23/view/chickpea-quinoa-pomegranate-pilaf-with-garlic-yogurt-sauce-520750

stir-fried red peppers, onion, shiitake mushrooms, and gf garlic chicken sausage over wild rice

thai coconut milk soup with butternut squash and shrimp

arepas (Colombian dish- like a really thick corn tortilla) with scrambled eggs, mozzarella and briefly sauted mix of chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and scallions

frittata with asparagus, onion, sweet potato, and spinach (& turkey bacon if you like it)

for breakfast, I nearly always have gf oatmeal with fruit. I use a mix of rolled oats, chia seeds, and shredded coconut, then add some spices or herbs, a few chopped nuts, plain greek yogurt and fresh fruits on top. My favorite right now, since strawberries are in season is strawberry, toasted hazelnut, drizzle of honey, and 1/2 tsp dried lavender.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/maracuya23/view/strawberry-hazelnut-lavender-oatmeal-527092
  • michcat17
    Options
    YUM!!! Thanks everyone!