Options
bushokie
bushokie Posts: 180 Member
ok lets start any tips or ideas for loose skin

Replies

• desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Strength training asap, safe slow/steady weight loss, drinking plenty of water, and of course you can moisturize and use vitamins.

Then there's time, genetics, and age. :]
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Cutting back on the sodium. I have very little loose skin in part thanks to cutting down on the sodium. Also you have to give your body time to adjust. Once I get into the shape I want to be, I'm going to give my body a year to tighten up on it's own before I even consider surgery.
  • Defren
    Defren Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have quite a bit of loose skin around the middle. I use a body scrub when I am in the shower, then rub in Aloe Vera at bed time. This is supposed to help the circulation, and tighten up the skin.

I will confess, if I can't get rid of it once I am at goal and maintained for a while I will have surgery.
  • bdkglk
    bdkglk Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I lost weight rapidly due to sickness and ended up with loose skin especially in the middle and on my arms. I could not do strength training and now I wonder if it is too late for me. I gained all the weight back and the skin was still lose over the extra fat I regained. I have started zumba for fat burning and strength training also. Is there really any hope for me since I wasn't able to do strength training when it was needed so badly? I do not expect to tighten all the loose skin at my age but anything would be an improvement. I just want an honest answer so I do not expect something that cannot happen without surgery which I doubt is an option for me.