curious how much calories is everyone eating??

Options
2»

Replies

• 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am almost 4 months out from RNY bypass, and I eat 800-900 calories daily. I use the Laptop Lunches Bento Boxes to measure out my food for the day, and then eat that. It really helps me keep focused. I am bad at logging my food here, but not at actually counting my calories and such.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I am almost 10 months post op from sleeve (had sleeve surgery 6/11/12) and currently eat around 1200 cals a day. Sometimes it is less and sometimes I do go over a bit, but I usually have 300-400 cals burned off in exercise cals that I don't usually eat back. I try to get 80-100 grams of protein in a day and 80-112 oz of water in a day, at least 80 oz though but many times 112 oz a day. I am pretty much at my person weight goal. I keep loosing and gaining back the same pound or so. I think my body has decided this is my set point weight of 132-135 for my 5'4" height.
    I gradually increased my cals as the months went by. I had a really hard time the first 2-3 months getting in 400 cals a day but after month 3 it got easier. I always and still do focus on protein first to get those protein grams in. I love MFP cause I can see how many grams of protein I get in plus other nutrients.
    I log all my food in, vitamins in and water into MFP. It is wonderful!
    Good luck!
  • kileybug34
    Options
    I had the lap-band and I get about 800-900 in a day. I struggle getting that in though. Getting all my water is the hardest part.
  • Barbmillions
    Barbmillions Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I average between 600 and 1000 calories but sometimes it looks like 0 calories in a day because of exercise I do. I struggle sometimes to get the water and protein in (I had lap band in May) - Proteins are hit and miss on what I can tolerate. I have lost 83 lbs but seem to be stuck (I go up 2lbs - takes me a week or more to lose it - than the cycle begins again) I have decided to change up my exercise routines and see if that helps.
  • SummerMM1
    SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 lbs the first week than dropped down to between 1 and 2 lbs aweek. I eat between 700 to 900. Weekeneds are the only time I get close to 1300 cals. But than I am running around to. See my doc. Tomorrow going to discuss with him about everything. I do have a hard time with protein I know I need to up it. I have a really hard to.e with water. Need to start an excercise routine to.

What a journey this is becoming. Thank you for Sharing all your journeys with me and giving me a little insight into all of this. I know the end result will be totally worth it. :love:
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    17 months post RNY. Right now I get in around 800 - 1000 calories per day. I plan to try and increase my caloric intake to 1300 to try and stop loosing. Its so hard to get the right amount of food in when I stay so busy. I usually don't realize how little I've eaten until I go back to log my food for the day. Most days, I have little to no appetite. This tool really works!
    [/quote

I know what you mean. I will look at the end of the day and have 500-600 calories left. There is no way I can that much calories at the end of the day. It makes me wonder how I ate so much calories before when I struggle to eat them now :). Oh yeah the sweets didn't help lol
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Lap band here and I get about 800 a day.. 60 grams at least of protein and I try to stay away from to many carbs.
  • Symphony2010
    Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat 800 calories a day
  • HRHCaragh
    HRHCaragh Posts: 39
    Options
    I had the sleeve on May 9th and today I was able to eat about 450 calories without throwing it back up. I sneak New Whey into my water I have to sip and that's 42 grams of protein. The rest is a tablespoon of yogurt, pureed cottage cheese with some avocado in it,, or very low carb soup. I can stomach maybe 2 oz of a protein shake .. sometimes.
  • dxm2
    dxm2 Posts: 4
    Options
    I had Gastric Bypass on March 25th and I average around 900 cals a day.
  • wheatie02
    wheatie02 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm about 10 months out from the lap band. I eat between 1200-1300 calories a day, and make sure to get in at least 60 grams of protein. It seems like a lot of calories compared to most people who have had WLS, but it's not a race and I'm enjoying the journey. With the amount of fill I have right now, I'm hungry if I don't eat at least that amount. In the last 4-5 months, I've been averaging about 5 lbs a month. I guess if my weight loss stalls completely, I could get a small fill, and reduce my calories, but at this time, I don't feel the need to.
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    I am noticing the farther out I am from my fill the more calories I can eat. I need to go back to basics again I think. I got a little slacked and it is funny how old habits can creep up. Getting back on track now, no weight gain at least just was getting mote calories in than I am use to. I see the doctor tomorrow and I am going to talk to him about it. Everyone is doing great!!
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much at goal (well, my doc's goal -- my goal is another 5 lbs. down). My doc and NUT want me eating my BMR which is 1400/day. I sometimes hit that, but I shoot for 1300. I figure at very least I'll maintain at this point.
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I tend to average right around 800 calories, even though I am slated at around 1200-1300. I am 18 months post-RNY and I find I just can't eat that much. I am good about getting in about 80 grams of protein a day. I don't have a very rigorous exercise schedule, so I am not burning a ton of calories a day either. I am still losing about 3-5 lbs a week and I am still a ways from my goal, so I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • joslynjeanne
    joslynjeanne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should have at least 1250 cals and I average less than 700. I asked my RD at my last appt and she says MFP doesn't take into account that we had WLS. She said focus on getting the 70 grams of protein and less than 30 grams of carbs a day and not to worry about the calorie count.
  • VaingloriousVictoria
    VaingloriousVictoria Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1000-1200 calories a day with 60-80 grams of protein.

Try eating healthy fats- nuts, avocado, etc.
  • LadyDiva618
    LadyDiva618 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 4 week post op on the Lap Band. I've been averaging 600 to 700 calories a day.
  • MaggyMaizy2
    MaggyMaizy2 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly 10 mos post-RNY and about 10 lbs under goal. My NUT set my calorie goal at 1600. I'm 5'9" and moderately active. I do not eat my exercise calories because I worry about stretching my stomach pouch (which might be crazy thinking, but I own it!).