No More Metformin for me

Options
JaceyMarieS
JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
Had my 3-month check-up with the endocrinologist today. My A1c has remained at 5.2 (under 5.7 is desirable and "normal") even with a reduction in my Metformin dosage in February.

My diabetes is by no means "cured", "reversed" or whatever other term quacks use to sell books, but it is now under "tight control" and I can quit taking the Met completely.

:-)

Replies

• Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thats HUGE!! Congratulations!!!!
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS, YAY!!!!

You have worked incredibly hard, how wonderful!!! Congratulations a thousand times. Nicely done. :D
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news! I know you've been working towards this day for a while, and putting in some HARD effort. It's paid you back with a huge, healthy dividend! Congratulations!!!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, very commendable, and most deserving of a huge round of applause!!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Yay!! That is awesome!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Great job. I'm sure you worked hard to get there.
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    KD - as one who is aspiring to the same goal, thank you so much for posting this and huge congratulations - I know a lot of very hard work went into achieving your awesome success - way to go!!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am so jealous! Naw, I am SOOOOO THRILLED FOR YOU. That is the best news ever, along with your AMAZING LOSS. You are such an inspiration and someday, I hope to have a post where I get to dump my met too! You ROCK, my friend.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news! It's something we all strive for so your success is not only something to celebrate, but encourages the rest of us to continue working toward that goal. Congratulations!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yay you!! Awesome achievement.... Congrats!!!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Super news...one day I hope to get my A1C that low and drop my Metformin usage.
  • Aussielooser
    Aussielooser Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's so FANTASTIC!!!.. Well Done!.. Welcome to the club!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dameron
    Dameron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Such good news, congratulations!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! It's rewarding to see your efforts pay off. Keep up the good work.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so great to see people who have done it, it really inspired me to keep going.
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    After all the hard work, a great result, well done.
  • tonyoconnor129
    tonyoconnor129 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Anyone taking meds has this as a goal. I'm glad to see it is possible!
    Happy for you.
  • rachelamedley5
    rachelamedley5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic I hope my levels are lower too as worked hard on no junk, soft drinks or rubbish food
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is really terrific. What effort! Glad you got the rewards you have been working so hard for!!! WOWIE!