May 15th

Options
Good Morning Insanity Friends! Already feeling much better this morning. Although my calves started cramping again....anyone else have this problem? It made high knees and butt kicks BRUTAL! I feel like I totally kicked A$% on the drills today. Knowing tomorrow is RECOVERY DAY helped me kick it into high gear today! Feeling great....how was everyone's workout today?

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I just started a new thread for today and saw this one! I wrote "Hello everyone!! How are you feeling today, ready for Plyo? I'm so glad it's a recovery day tomorrow. Knowing this might help me to push trough today!" - funny we have such similar feelings about it!

I just came back from a long walk with my daughter and I was so hungry that I just had to eat something now. My child is napping now and usually it is my time for a workout but I'm not sure I want to risk doing plyo with an half full stomach...
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Today was my sluggish day...just felt awful during the workout. Didn't sleep well at all last night and I am sure that played a huge role in how I felt. That and I just DON"T like Plyo...at all. I pushed through till the last 10 minutes then I just stopped. May try it again this evening if I have time...if not I will start fresh tomorrow.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Today was my sluggish day...just felt awful during the workout. Didn't sleep well at all last night and I am sure that played a huge role in how I felt. That and I just DON"T like Plyo...at all. I pushed through till the last 10 minutes then I just stopped. May try it again this evening if I have time...if not I will start fresh tomorrow.

But I remember how great you felt yesterday and the advice you gave me is that sometimes your body just needs a little more recovery time...so now I give that helpful advice back to you! :)
  • anokte
    anokte Posts: 12
    Options
    Plyo is still hard for me, but today was significantly better than the last time I did that workout! I also made it through the warmup without feeling particularly tired, so I think my fitness level has already gone up a bit.

I do have some calf tightness though—it's not the butt kicks that get me, it's the football drills. How do you do those without making your calves too tight?
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options

But I remember how great you felt yesterday and the advice you gave me is that sometimes your body just needs a little more recovery time...so now I give that helpful advice back to you! :)

haha...very very true...thanks, I needed the reminder
  • aletadiana
    Options

I do have some calf tightness though—it's not the butt kicks that get me, it's the football drills. How do you do those without making your calves too tight?

I don't know...those don't bother me as much. Possible that I am warmed up by then. It's pretty painful during the warm-up. I *should* do some extra stretching before starting but I'm already so pressed for time!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Plyo completed.
    I felt so tense today. Especially my calves. Didn't feel as motivated as usual. But I THINK I took less breaks than during the 1st and 2nd time.

I'm looking so much forward to the Recovery Day tomorrow.
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I feel SO good after today's workout. I try and workout after work, but since that is at 2am, I have been finding it hard to find motivation to do it before bed so I had another morning workout and damn do I feel good. I am also not a huge plyo fan but today made it through the warmup without rest *what?* then the workout started and the first interval was almost done before I realized I was getting tired *go me!* after I figured that out I pushed and made it through with fewer breaks than before. What a difference a week makes. I'm not feeling any sore calves however my bad knees are taking a beating. Keep pushing all Cardio Recovery just makes all the hard work worth it.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Plyo is still the hardest for me, that one is brutal. I made it through and did better than last time at least. Still have to do girl pushups but I'm getting there. I was having a lot of knee pain and stiffness in my calves, I switched to working out barefoot and am no longer experiencing as much pain. I'm happy about that! I was worried I wouldn't make it through week 2 with how my knees were feeling. Still at a standstill weightloss wise. It's hard to process how pushing yourself this hard and eating well can make you not lose even a pound, but I'm looking forward to the fit test and taking my measurements again.
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was pumped to do my first round of Pure Cardio but the disc was missing from my work gym! So upset but still got a good 30 minute treadmill work out in!

My suggestion for those w/calve cramps-hydrate and make sure you are getting enough calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Dehydration & lack of electrolytes are the most common causes of muscle cramps.
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 10: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Hoowee, I did alot better today than I did yesterday but still couldn't keep up with the whole video. I am starting to feel a little discouraged but I guess I shouldn't really judge anything until I finish the program in it's entirety. I'm not noticing any difference in physical appearance and frankly I don't remember how much endurance I had last week to see if it's increased this week, I'm scatterbrained on it right now. My HRM came in yesterday so I'll start recording the readouts in our Daily Logs. That way if one of you guys see that it's low or that I need to adjust, base on the HRM readings, do let me know (I understand the ideal numbers are different for everyone, but just like caloric intake is different and we all look to others for opinions on it, I'm sure HRM reading advice is no different). I pushed myself and felt the burn alot quicker than normal, good 'ole broken AC in my bedroom. More water next time!

HRM Readings:
    Starting: 47%
    Average: 84% (166 BPM)
    Maximum: 95% (189 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:00:45
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:41:02
    Duration: 00:41:47
    Calories Burned: 578 Cal
  • aletadiana
    Options
    Day 10: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Hoowee, I did alot better today than I did yesterday but still couldn't keep up with the whole video. I am starting to feel a little discouraged but I guess I shouldn't really judge anything until I finish the program in it's entirety.

[

One of the things I always have to remind myself of is that all these people in the video have already finished insanity once (and were all probably in decent shape before) It would be so unrealistic of me to think I could keep up with them...and keep good form at this point in the game, or maybe for the entirety. BUT they all started here at one point too. Injuring myself is NOT an option because I would loose so much, so I keep that in mind when I start to feel bad about not "keeping up." Hope that little thought helps all you guys too! :happy:
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    sarahruizfitnessjourney Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just finished Plyometric and boy am I tired. I think I did better this time around than last week but it still was tough. I feel like I wasn't as lethargic today as I was yesterday. Looking forward to cardio recovery tomorrow.
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    sarahruizfitnessjourney Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Plyo is still the hardest for me, that one is brutal. I made it through and did better than last time at least. Still have to do girl pushups but I'm getting there. I was having a lot of knee pain and stiffness in my calves, I switched to working out barefoot and am no longer experiencing as much pain. I'm happy about that! I was worried I wouldn't make it through week 2 with how my knees were feeling. Still at a standstill weightloss wise. It's hard to process how pushing yourself this hard and eating well can make you not lose even a pound, but I'm looking forward to the fit test and taking my measurements again.

I was also feeling a lot of cramping and stiffness in my calves and switched to working out barefoot. Like you, since I started to workout barefoot I have noticed I don't have as much pain.
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    Felt a lot better today. I think knowing recovery is tomorrow helped (as others stated). I pushed hard and stopped fewer times but those frequent up and downs sure do wear on me quickly. Looked ahead... kind of dreading Saturday!! :-o
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I work out barefoot as well, on a mat. That's how I like it.

Sounds like it was a tough day for most of us. Congratulations on keeping on everyone!!