Back At it and Introduction

Options
cdl715
cdl715 Posts: 1 Member
Hello all. Today I am making the commitment to get back in the tracking game. I went from 231 in December of 2011 and dropped to 161 by June of 2012. That was a little low for my frame so I was comfortable getting to 170 - 175. I was training for a marathon at that time and during my long 18 mile rune just 4 weeks before the race....hip injury. Just like that I was maintaining my loss at about 169. This happened in December of last year and now I am at 185.
The bummer of it all is just how fast it can come back. I rarely log anymore and my exercise is hit or miss. It is coming on way to quick and I need help. I have been down this road a few times in life and do not want to go back to where I started.

Any Tips???

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    The first step is to not punish yourself for adding the weight, but rather come up with a plan to work it off. Then take that first step and hold yourself accountable along the way. Logging meals and workouts is a good way to stay accountable. You've done it before, so you know you can again.
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You could also start with logging one meal per day. For me dinner is the hard one to log. Or use the app to keep track of water intake. If you're using the smartphone app it becomes so much easier.

You can also focus less on weight-related goals and more on logging-related goals, such as putting a quarter in a jar every time you log a complete meal, then using the money in the jar to do something nice (and non food related) for yourself.
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Have to agree with everyone; logging accurately has opened my eyes and helped with my self-control, knowing when to stop, making better choices, etc. I look at it this way; if I give 15 minutes a day to logging, in getting healthier I add 15 minutes to my life!