Weigh In

Options
Hey everyone! So I am a Turbo Fire Newbie and I am wondering how often everyone weighs in on the program? I completed Week 2 Day 4 this morning. I weighed in after my first week but I had actually gained and my measurements were the exact same. I know I am eating well, tracking with MFP, and working out hard--plus I usually get a walk in on break at work. My muscles have been sore and I am sweating after every workout so I know it is working. I love the workouts and the energy of Turbo Fire, I just don't want to lose motivation. Did it take some of you a few weeks before losing? And do you only weigh once/month?

Replies

• thenapony
    thenapony Posts: 12
    Options
    This go-round I've decided to weigh and take measurements only once per month. And actually, I think that's what Turbo Fire says to do--a month in is when it's written on the schedule at least. For me personally, not weighing has helped me stay motivated. I get super bummed when I don't see any movement on the scale (or movement up in weight) and no matter how much I tell myself I'm probably just gaining muscle, I get depressed and end up quitting.

So my first weigh-in/measurements is tomorrow. Just from how I feel physically, I don't think I've lost much - I'm thinking I'm going to see the biggest difference in the inches.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and do measurements when it says on the Turbo calendar, so roughly every 3-4 weeks? I gained the first 2-3 weeks doing Turbo Fire, then started losing.
  • tara9blur
    tara9blur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was only weighing / doing measurements once a month, per the TF schedule. But after 2 months I didn't see any change, because I was not paying attention to my nutrition. Now that I'm actually counting calories, I'm weighing once per week to keep better track. I will still do measurements once a month... Hope that helps!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week and just took my measurements per my Turbofire schedule.
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I gained the first few weeks too, I am not following the TF diet but I do eat clean. I think in week 3 I lost all of what I had gained the first two weeks so don't despair! I weigh every couple of days (a bad habit that I need to break!!) and I 've been measuring at the end of each week just to see if I'm losing an inches. I haven't really lost inches per say but my clothes are so much loser and I've lost 10 pounds (I'm in week 4 technically but I repeated week 2). Keep at it, you will see results!!
  • thenapony
    thenapony Posts: 12
    Options
    Weighed in this morning and lost 1.6 after a month on the program. Doesn't seem like much, but I'm happy with it. :)
  • heathermae
    heathermae Posts: 2
    Options
    Great! Thanks everyone! Definitely helps to know that I am experiencing the same as everyone else! You all gave me some more motivation to keep at it and I will eventually see some results! :):)
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Tommorow marks day 90 for me which is a rest day and I have lost as my ticker says 22lbs on turbo fire. I started at 180lbs i am 5'4" I will take measurements in the morning.