April 17 - 24th: Spicy Black Bean Burgers

Options
2»

Replies

• BrandiBoo84
    BrandiBoo84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Made them exactly as directed minus cilantro because it's not a favorite of mine and I didnt have any. My husband and I loved them and it will now be a staple in our home. He requests the cilantro be put in his next time haha. My kids.... Not so much. Making another batch tonight to freeze for future quick meals. Great recipe!
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I made these a few days ago and had them tonight. They were easy to make, though I threw the beans into the food processor along with everything else instead of mashing them with a fork. Whoops! They turned out fine, though they kind of started to lose their shape. Anyway, I'm glad I made a double batch. Oh, and they're filling, which is always a plus.
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit late to the party, but have to say, when I do make bean burgers myself I don't put them in a pan - I do them in the oven or under the grill on baking paper, which I spray with oil, then spray the burgers with oil when they're on there. Much less calorific and does the same trick.

Also, cold water on hands makes it easy enough to form them, no need for oil.

Can't wait to try these out - might make them tomorrow for dinner. Usually I make mine with kidney and cannelini beans :D

PS: mine also never have egg in them. And I'll probably leave that out here too.
  • J3nnyV
    J3nnyV Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add.. We ate the remaining frozen patties this week. So they were in the freezer for about a month. Super delish still! Win!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I want to make these again! I'm in the mood for some spicy mayo!