May 16th

Options
Cardio Recovery Day! Woohoo! I'm so energized that I almost think I could do a "real" workout but I think that it's just my mind cheating me, feeling safe because it knows it's recovery time :)

Replies

• Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    I was energized today also..has to be because we knew it was recovery day. Although I still sweat my butt off on recovery day. Those squat pulses really hurt after a bit.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    The recovery day actually does the opposite for me...it makes me SO sleepy. I feel like I could go back to bed right now instead of going to work....definitely felt my muscles working though, and I felt much stronger than last week :) it's working, it's working!!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Ouch. Those squat pulses and lunge pulses. Ouch, ouch.
    Other than that, what an awesome and welcome break from plyo and pure cardio.
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    sarahruizfitnessjourney Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Haven't done it yet but I think I'm actually looking forward to recovery today. I will also be going for a run this morning so hoping between the two I can not only make it but will feel great afterwards. =)
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 11: Cardio Recovery

I enjoyed today's workout, but those squat/lunge pulses hurt alot (couldn't even hold it the whole time.) Also, those tabletops just kill me, I almost don't even do those. Overall though, I feel good. I worked up alot of sweat, though most of it was on my back, and a small "coat" was on my chest, face, etc. I do admit, I kind of feel cool, like a monk or something, when we do those legs spread apart and twist the arm all fancy just to get into position, the Plie Yoga Stretch I believe it was. I'm also having issues with the Oblique Work the only way I can feel anything is when I go from Knee to Shoulder, not Knee to Elbow. /as for the HRM readings for today, I had it detecting my Heart Rate but forgot to actually push "Start" (you have to Push Start once to get heart ratee, then Start again to start timing and calculating Calories burned).
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Oh, what a pity it didn't calculate burned calories, Chasero, I would be interested if you burned more than during logging it as "yoga".

I went for a bicycle ride tonight - around the lake and in the fields. I have MFP's blessing to eat a big dinner now.
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options

I went for a bicycle ride tonight - around the lake and in the fields. I have MFP's blessing to eat a big dinner now.

LIKE! or is it BUMP on here???