How is everyone?!

Options
Hi everyone!

I pray that all is well with you! I just wanted to drop in to check on you because I have been SUPER busy lately and haven't had much time to do anything besides my workouts, working, and taking care of home. My children have SOLs coming up next week and I have been helping them study (I feel like I am in Elementary School again, the difference is--- my 3rd grader is doing multiplication and fractions while my 5th grader is doing Algebra =/ I don't remember such hard work in Elementary school!!! Ghee!

Well anyway, please check in here to give an update on your progress, tell us how you're feeling, give us tips and suggestions to keep the energy and focus UP--- we came A LONG way! Let's not turn back now! We have something to prove--- to ourselves. That we are capable. We are worthy. We are committed and we WILL meet our goals!!!

What were the things you gave up for the challenge? Have you been able to stick with the plan? Did you switch things up a bit as the challenge went on?

I look forward to hearing from you all!!!

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel...

Thanks for asking love...Man I have been the busiest ever if that is a word....I am enjoying it but man it has thrown my time all around.... I am still like in Vacation mode or Lala land if you want to call it that...I need to take charge of my eating and get back on it....So I have stepped back on my P90x and just exercising and trying to be more selective...Had tea this past weekend to celebrate but no more til the end of the challenge....Overall I see good results but the bulk of them will come these last 30 plus days....I am determined and I will....

Again thanks for checking up....sure need it...
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey girly,
    I have came along way since starting the challenge my body looks alot different and I am starting to love myself again. I couldn't be happier. I am not going to lie there was days where I didn't eat like I should have but I have been doing alot better with my eating and working out is never a problem. Been mixing up my workouts alot since and It is helping me see the results I deserve. Let's all stay summer is getting near but we need to kick it into full gear to get what we deserve. Much love Mel!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Thanks for checking on us hun. I'm doing ok but STRUGGLING to stay off that scale!! I don't know why that is but I want to get on that scale sooooo bad. I haven't been on it since starting the no scale challenge and don't plan to get on it til the end of the challenge. I have been doing excellent with my eating EXCEPT I have eaten after 7:30 some days ;( but I have not had any candy, cake or cookies....not that I don't want any...Lol. The only meats I've been eating are tilapia, chicken breasts and salmon for the past couple weeks.

Since Turbo Fire and Jamie Eason ended, I haven't committed to another workout series. I've been doing a lot of walking and riding my exercise bike. Don't know yet what program I'm gonna do next but I do miss the intensity.

Have a wonderful day ladies!!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Addicted2_fitness Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for checking in! It seems that because summer is near, everyone is just so busy!!! I have been hanging in there with my workouts and clean eating. Seeing good results so far has been very motivating. My body is changing in ways I never knew were possible...

I too have had days where I just wanted to "chill" and I did=) because one day or two will not hurt my progress. I am working out 6Xs per week and have the perfect diet 80% of the time, so there is a LITTLE room for slacking, lol.

We can fall a million times AS LONG as we get up a million times! Let's regroup and recommit to this challenge. Even if we don't post here everyday, let's keep striving for the best and do something everyday that will bring us closer to our goals.

It's Thursday, so let's start today by drinking that water!!! =) Have a good day ladies!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Love your determination Steph! It is SO INSPIRING! Cheers to the next 30 days girl, I am feeling the energy and I LOVE IT!

Edited: This message is a reply to Stephanie's Post=) I forgot to quote...
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Congrats on your hard work paying off! It is amazing what our bodies can do when we push them and WORK for results! I am with you girl! KICKING IT IN FULL GEAR, NO EXCUSES!!!! XOXO
    Hey girly,
    I have came along way since starting the challenge my body looks alot different and I am starting to love myself again. I couldn't be happier. I am not going to lie there was days where I didn't eat like I should have but I have been doing alot better with my eating and working out is never a problem. Been mixing up my workouts alot since and It is helping me see the results I deserve. Let's all stay summer is getting near but we need to kick it into full gear to get what we deserve. Much love Mel!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    hey there!!! Boy do I know what you mean about that scale!!! My scale and I have a love/hate relationship. I use it to follow my progress but I DO NOT let it define me! It does not take into account your height, your LBM, or the food you may have eaten before stepping on it, lol... Are you taking measurements? Tracking your BF%? If not, THAT is the way to go!!! You may be losing inches and building muscle=)!!!

Congrats to you for eating cleaner than before--- everything counts! I had cake for my birthday but none since=) it is a great accomplishment when you are accustomed to eating it DAILY!!!! <----that was me=/

Good luck on finding your next workout venture! Why not do a hybrid? Of Turbo Fire and lifting?

Have a good day!

Thanks for checking on us hun. I'm doing ok but STRUGGLING to stay off that scale!! I don't know why that is but I want to get on that scale sooooo bad. I haven't been on it since starting the no scale challenge and don't plan to get on it til the end of the challenge. I have been doing excellent with my eating EXCEPT I have eaten after 7:30 some days ;( but I have not had any candy, cake or cookies....not that I don't want any...Lol. The only meats I've been eating are tilapia, chicken breasts and salmon for the past couple weeks.

Since Turbo Fire and Jamie Eason ended, I haven't committed to another workout series. I've been doing a lot of walking and riding my exercise bike. Don't know yet what program I'm gonna do next but I do miss the intensity.

• raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sadly I gotta admit that I have not worked out in about 3 weeks......my excuses (because that is what they are).....I have been super busy and exhausted .......But I have to get out of this because I am already seeing all my progress go down the drain. I will be doing a mix of 30 day shred level 1, 2 and 3 and 6 week 6 pack combined with some cardio. planned for today is Level 2 of the 30 DS........ time is ticking and summer is around the corner!
  • tgmoore34
    tgmoore34 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey Mel,
    Man, it has been busy and I haven't check in lately either so thanks for push. I just have to say that I am super excited I joined the challenge. I think I posted last week that althought the scale is not giving me big numbers I am encouraged. I feel absolutely great and I had to put a belt on with a pair of pants that has always been snug. Just the fact that the challenge has motivated me to work out 3 to 4x a week is fantastic and I am counting it as a succuss. I am not doing things I had never done before in a effort to turn it up, like YogaCycle, which I love:)

My only failure is my water intake. I just can't seem to get that together, I am alway under what I need.

So glad that everyone is dong well. Have a good day.

xoxo
  • saugonda1
    saugonda1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall, i'm doing Better, this week than last week, each week gets better and better...I'm feeling Great:happy:
  • Aakornely
    Aakornely Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say I am staying on track, I do cheat and weigh myself everyday, but the scale has been nice to me and never said I gained weight. I TRY to get a workout in everyday, if I'm not working both jobs. I am doing 2 small 30 day challenges - Squats and Crunches - day 30 is 150 crunches & 250 squats, I'm on day 10 now. I have about 8 lbs I would like to lose before I head to the beach in 21 days (but who's counting) and maybe an additional 5 before Summer is technically here. My goal was to lose 43 lbs (3lbs a week) in this 100 days.

Good luck to all my other 100 challengers, lets keep push through. Lets not give up once summer is here, make this a lifestyle change. Here is to a happier healthier life :drinker: - ~ Happy Friday!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    hey there!!! Boy do I know what you mean about that scale!!! My scale and I have a love/hate relationship. I use it to follow my progress but I DO NOT let it define me! It does not take into account your height, your LBM, or the food you may have eaten before stepping on it, lol... Are you taking measurements? Tracking your BF%? If not, THAT is the way to go!!! You may be losing inches and building muscle=)!!!

Congrats to you for eating cleaner than before--- everything counts! I had cake for my birthday but none since=) it is a great accomplishment when you are accustomed to eating it DAILY!!!! <----that was me=/

Good luck on finding your next workout venture! Why not do a hybrid? Of Turbo Fire and lifting?

Have a good day!

Thanks lady for the encouragement. I haven't taken my measurements since the start of this challenge and I don't know what my body fat % is. Not sure how to obtain it. How do you measure your body fat and what is a hybrid? I heard of it before but don't know what it is?
  • figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am doing pretty good...NOW:) I slipped and had a major setback, and although I was consistent with my exercise, my eating was extremely trashy. The worst thing I could have ever done was try to hang with my husband (by drinking energy drinks). I figured if I drank a few of 'em than maybe this would be a great way to go in and rescue him from the grasps of his carbonated addiction.
    WRONG!
    He started drinking even more!!! I tried to keep up and ended up experiencing moderate to severe chest pains:/ Yea I knew better, but knowing didn't stop me, the pain became a greater deterrent.
    The chest pains have since stopped and I am blessed because it could have been far worse for me.
    I was a heavy smoker/drinker for 10+ yrs. Although I have been sober for almost 5 yrs, I am still recovering from the (known) damages. All that to say "lesson well-learned". And while I do not aim to discourage anyone here I still can't believe how horrible the experience was and felt the need to share.

I've started a beginners lifting session I really like and am starting to see and feel slight changes in my arms and back...that's always good! Also I'm currently working out 5 days a week at best. I'm much better with my eating habits and expect some real progress by the end of this challenge and be about a hair away from goal mid-fall (my fav season).

I am glad I was able to join you Ladies in this challenge, it has been instrumental to my journey! I think I read where one of you mentioned finishing strong, I am all for that!
    I'm sure most of us stay pretty busy apart from workouts but I was really feeling the challenges, hopefully we can see a few more before Day 100:) i wouldn't mind volunteering suggestions either, just putting it out there:)
    Either way, I wish you all the very best on your journeys and in your lives!
  • shtupndoit
    shtupndoit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    The challenge has gone pretty well. I have been able to consistently meet my goal for water and protein. I've had a few slip ups with eating after 9 pm but overall I was able to stop the late night snacking. During the challenge I've been doing the Jamie Eason Live Fit Program. I'm really pleased with how strong I've become and how I've been able to regularly weight train over the past 3 months. I'm determined to make some additional changes and set new goals for myself:) Let's keep pushing ourselves ladies:)
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Oh, you should really take measurements to track fat loss! I use calipers (they cost about 5-$10) and use an app on my Iphone for the calculations- but I am sure you can use an online program. A hybrid is a mixture of 2 different programs- set up strategically to avoid overtraining. For example, in a Turbo Fire, P90X hybrid, you would do Turbo fire on one day, P90X the next and vice versa. I have done MANY hybrid programs--- google your programs for a schedule and I am sure you'll find a good one. It certainly keeps things interesting!

Have a good day!

Thanks lady for the encouragement. I haven't taken my measurements since the start of this challenge and I don't know what my body fat % is. Not sure how to obtain it. How do you measure your body fat and what is a hybrid? I heard of it before but don't know what it is?
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Congrats to you on ALL of your successes! This is OUR group as Steph mentioned earlier on, feel free to post challenges here! I would be more than willing to participate--- I have taken on another responsibility at work, so my time online has been cut back drastically, but I am always peepin' in to check on my girls!!! Take care of yourself and Kudos to you for being 5+ years sober after 10 years of alcoholism!!! You should be REALLY proud! Continue to lift and stay away from those carbonated drinks!!! You got this!!!

I am doing pretty good...NOW:) I slipped and had a major setback, and although I was consistent with my exercise, my eating was extremely trashy. The worst thing I could have ever done was try to hang with my husband (by drinking energy drinks). I figured if I drank a few of 'em than maybe this would be a great way to go in and rescue him from the grasps of his carbonated addiction.
    WRONG!
    He started drinking even more!!! I tried to keep up and ended up experiencing moderate to severe chest pains:/ Yea I knew better, but knowing didn't stop me, the pain became a greater deterrent.
    The chest pains have since stopped and I am blessed because it could have been far worse for me.
    I was a heavy smoker/drinker for 10+ yrs. Although I have been sober for almost 5 yrs, I am still recovering from the (known) damages. All that to say "lesson well-learned". And while I do not aim to discourage anyone here I still can't believe how horrible the experience was and felt the need to share.

I've started a beginners lifting session I really like and am starting to see and feel slight changes in my arms and back...that's always good! Also I'm currently working out 5 days a week at best. I'm much better with my eating habits and expect some real progress by the end of this challenge and be about a hair away from goal mid-fall (my fav season).

I am glad I was able to join you Ladies in this challenge, it has been instrumental to my journey! I think I read where one of you mentioned finishing strong, I am all for that!
    I'm sure most of us stay pretty busy apart from workouts but I was really feeling the challenges, hopefully we can see a few more before Day 100:) i wouldn't mind volunteering suggestions either, just putting it out there:)
    Either way, I wish you all the very best on your journeys and in your lives!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Alright now!!! I've been hearing GREAT things about this program!!! Maybe this will be my next venture--- I've seriously been thinking about it---- we shall see!!! Good luck with the program and meeting your goals!!!
    Hey everyone!
    The challenge has gone pretty well. I have been able to consistently meet my goal for water and protein. I've had a few slip ups with eating after 9 pm but overall I was able to stop the late night snacking. During the challenge I've been doing the Jamie Eason Live Fit Program. I'm really pleased with how strong I've become and how I've been able to regularly weight train over the past 3 months. I'm determined to make some additional changes and set new goals for myself:) Let's keep pushing ourselves ladies:)
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! Way to be positive!!! Your post goes to show that the small things certainly add up!!! Cheers to making this a lifestyle change and making a COMMITMENT to ourselves to becoming healthier and stronger !!:drinker:
    I am proud to say I am staying on track, I do cheat and weigh myself everyday, but the scale has been nice to me and never said I gained weight. I TRY to get a workout in everyday, if I'm not working both jobs. I am doing 2 small 30 day challenges - Squats and Crunches - day 30 is 150 crunches & 250 squats, I'm on day 10 now. I have about 8 lbs I would like to lose before I head to the beach in 21 days (but who's counting) and maybe an additional 5 before Summer is technically here. My goal was to lose 43 lbs (3lbs a week) in this 100 days.

Good luck to all my other 100 challengers, lets keep push through. Lets not give up once summer is here, make this a lifestyle change. Here is to a happier healthier life :drinker: - ~ Happy Friday!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm still here working on me!!!!
  • Addicted2_fitness
    Options
    Glad to hear!!! Sounds good to me!!! :wink:

I'm still here working on me!!!!