You can train a dog
    Dogs are smarter
    Dogs are better protectors
    Dogs don't jump up on all the counters
    Dogs are more fun
    Dogs actually care about you
    Dogs are happy

Cats are better
    You don't need to take a cat out at 3 am only for them to bark loud enough for neighbors to complain
    Free massage
    You can leave for a couple of days without bording them or taking them with you
    Free mouse and bug (and in our case lizard) extermination.
    No need to bathe them
    Cats care too
    and they snuggle so well... at least mine do
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    poke.jpg?w=510&h=628
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Of course they're better, but I have a cat. We travel a lot and, as much as I prefer dogs, you can't leave one alone for two weeks.

I have a timed feeder and water jug for my cat. He'll take what he needs and it'll last two weeks. If I left two weeks worth of food with a dog, it'd eat it all the first day and then starve to death.

The cat'll shlt in his box and sleep on the bed 20 hours a day. The dog'll shlt all over the house and then eat the drapes.

I like dogs, but they don't fit into my lifestyle. Sure my cat is a total dlck, but he is self sufficient.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Of course they're better, but I have a cat. We travel a lot and, as much as I prefer dogs, you can't leave one alone for two weeks.

I have a timed feeder and water jug for my cat. He'll take what he needs and it'll last two weeks. If I left two weeks worth of food with a dog, it'd eat it all the first day and then starve to death.

The cat'll shlt in his box and sleep on the bed 20 hours a day. The dog'll shlt all over the house and then eat the drapes.

I like dogs, but they don't fit into my lifestyle. Sure my cat is a total dlck, but he is self sufficient.

This is pretty much spot on. I love my dog but that SOB will eat just about anything within 6 feet of the ground. I made a stromboli from scratch to feed myself and 5 other people one night. Put it up on the counter to cool off. Came back 10 minutes later.. No trace of the stromboli. Found her in the back of her kennel with a guilty *kitten* look on her face. Never had that happen with a cat.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    250px-HomemadeStromboliAug05.jpg

Stromboli! My favorite thing!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

This is pretty much spot on. I love my dog but that SOB will eat just about anything within 6 feet of the ground. I made a stromboli from scratch to feed myself and 5 other people one night. Put it up on the counter to cool off. Came back 10 minutes later.. No trace of the stromboli. Found her in the back of her kennel with a guilty *kitten* look on her face. Never had that happen with a cat.

Thankfully we have a Sheltie and that wouldn't happen unless we left the stromboli in the chair... or on the table, because I have sure seen that furball jump up onto a chair to eat what was on the table.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    -You don't have to follow a cat around to clean their poop because they go in the box.
    - You don't have to worry about leaving food and water out for them if you have to leave for a few days - A dog will eat everything immediately and probably make itself sick.
    - A cat will not degrade itself by begging or performing silly tricks to get your attention. Your cat does not need to have your attention 24 hours a day.
    - Cats can amuse themselves without tearing apart your house when you are not home.
    - Cats do not require you to walk them, they can walk by themselves.
    -Cats can be trained to use the loo, and flush!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member

When I first got my pup, I made myself a sandwich, put it on the coffee table and realized I forgot my drink, went to get it and came back.............the top piece of bread on my sandwich was gone and she was giving me the whale eye, if she had lips she would have been whistling lol. Learned a valuable lesson that day
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,087 Member
    my dog has horrible breath

my cats eat catnip and have pleasant breath

my dog farts and scares herself and runs head first into things

my cats,i'm not sure if they even fart

my dog slobbers all over everything all the time, i step in drool every night

my cats have very clean mouths

i have to walk my dog and clean up poo with just a plastic bag between me and the hot smelly poo

i have to scoop the litter box with a scoop into a bag, never having to touch the excrement

now both can be stupid, but the cats can also be very smart, the dog, not so much

the dog tries to get on the bed, pushes me and my husband off the bed, drools puddles on the bed, lets out smelly farts and is generally a nuisance

the cats come and cuddle, purr and like their fat bellies rubbed, they cuddle under the covers and are soft and small

the dog is so dumb that if i left two weeks of her food out, she would eat herself to death

if i left all the cat food out, the cats would feed off it for weeks.

i'm not a dog person as you can see. cats are self sufficient, independent, and when they like their owners, are very affectionate. cats rule.
  • k8blujay2
    Oh yeah... and dogs eat poop.... straight from the cat box and chew up my underwear... never had that problem with the cats.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Oh yeah... and dogs eat poop.... straight from the cat box and chew up my underwear... never had that problem with the cats.

Yup. I had to put up a gate to the room with the cat box. The cats just jump over it.

The dog is always happy to see me though so it's all good.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    You can't blame dogs if cat digestion is so ineffective that their poop is full of nutrients.
  • k8blujay2

Yup. I had to put up a gate to the room with the cat box. The cats just jump over it.

The dog is always happy to see me though so it's all good.

Hahahaha! Yeah, We have a gate to our Laundry room, which is where the cat box is too. When we our little one started walking around all the advice was to put up a gate to the laundry room so she wouldn't climb into the washer or dryer... well we have already had that gate up since before she was born because the dog drags cat poop all over the house. :ohwell:
    You can't blame dogs if cat digestion is so ineffective that their poop is full of nutrients.

No but I can blame him for dragging it all over the house.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    dogs are gross
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Well.. basically

Dogs are good companions.

Cats are good things you wanna play with when you are in the mood, or it's in the mood.

If your lifestyle suits a companion, then dog is your choice. If your lifestyle suits something that can care for itself 90% of the time then the cat is for you.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Well.. basically

Cats are good things you wanna play with when you are in the mood, or it's in the mood.

If your lifestyle suits a companion, then dog is your choice. If your lifestyle suits something that can care for itself 90% of the time then the cat is for you.

This is incorrect

Dogs are better
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Well.. basically

This is incorrect

Dogs are better

This is true, but cat people wont accept that.