Brand New Stage one

Options
I have read the book but have no idea what Im reading please help me. I have no idea on what to do for the work outs. It say Day 1 work oout A Suqats but they show alot of different squats what do I do?????????? Feeling overwhelmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    first of all, calm down. second of all, great for you for wanting to give lifting a try! here's a really helpful link to help you understand the layout of the workouts http://maggiewang.com/2008/05/20/new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-diet-calculator-and-workout-logs - bonus, the page number with the demonstration of each exercise is listed on the workout sheet. just click on the link in the white box that says "Download: New Rules of Lifting for Women Diet Calculator and Workout Logs" - make sure you look at more pages than just the first tab. it's really helpful!

start out slow and don't be nervous. i brought the book with me to the gym the first few times i was doing the workouts so that i could refer back to the pictures and instructions if i had questions. don't be afraid, be confident! you can do this! if you have other questions, these message boards are a great place to ask people who have been in the same boat as you.
  • doty0815
    doty0815 Posts: 68
    Options
    Thanks I thought no one was here to help
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    this is a great group for help! i am in week 5 if stage 1 and loving it so far. feel free to add me as a friend if you want
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain - hubby and I just couldn't work it out last night either.
    This is how I understand it:
    Stage 1
    Week 1
    Mon - work out A: A, B1 & B2 (superset), C1 & C2 (superset)
    Wed - work out B: A, B1 & B2 (superset, C1 & C2 (superset)
    Fri - work out A: A, B1 & B2 (superset), C1 & C2 (superset)

Week 2
    Mon: work out B: A, B1 & B2 (superset, C1 & C2 (superset)

etc for 8 weeks total before moving on to Stage 2?

Am I correct in the above?
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    yes mummyadams you got it :-)
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this :) I havent got my book yet (still waiting for it to come in the mail) but i have a feeling i might be lost when i do start! So glad there is a group that will be supportive and not laugh at me when im totally lost!
  • kcvance
    kcvance Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! Just started reading the book and was totally confused, too. :-)
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, thank you ladies. I have been procrastinating starting the program because I have no idea what workouts to do. This helps.
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've had this book for over a year and I just started the program Monday!! I felt like it was too intimidating but there is soooo much useful information in this group!! Good luck!! Feel free to add me too since I'm just starting out as well :)
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    [/quote]start out slow and don't be nervous. i brought the book with me to the gym the first few times i was doing the workouts so that i could refer back to the pictures and instructions if i had questions. don't be afraid, be confident! you can do this! if you have other questions, these message boards are a great place to ask people who have been in the same boat as you.
    [/quote]

I also bring the book with me!! I don't care if it looks weird to others but I'd rather do it properly and go back and check when I need to.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    This was my "ah-ha" moment and should help clear it up. :)

http://www.jpfitness.com/showthread.php?t=29198&highlight=stage+1+schedule

"Does this make sense:

Stage 1

Week 1
    Workout A – 2 sets of each exercise – 15 reps (Wk #1)
    Workout B – 2 sets of each exercise – 15 reps (Wk #1)
    Workout A – 2 sets of each exercise – 15 reps (Wk #2)

Week 2
    Workout B – 2 sets of each exercise – 15 reps (Wk #2)
    Workout A – 2 sets of each exercise – 12 reps (Wk #3)
    Workout B – 2 sets of each exercise – 12 reps (Wk #3)

Week 3
    Workout A – 2 sets of each exercise – 12 reps (Wk #4)
    Workout B – 2 sets of each exercise – 12 reps (Wk #4)
    Workout A – 3 sets of each exercise – 10 reps (Wk #5)

Week 4
    Workout B – 3 sets of each exercise – 10 reps (Wk #5)
    Workout A – 3 sets of each exercise – 10 reps (Wk #6)
    Workout B – 3 sets of each exercise – 10 reps (Wk #6)

Week 5
    Workout A – 3 sets of each exercise – 8 reps (Wk #7)
    Workout B – 3 sets of each exercise – 8 reps (Wk #7)
    Workout A – 3 sets of each exercise – 8 reps (Wk #8)

Week 6
    Workout B – 3 sets of each exercise – 8 reps (Wk #8)"

As for bringing the book, I totally brought it in with me when I started stage 1 and I plan to do the same for stage 2! :)
  • michellepenrodschnee
    Options
    bump for reference... I am ordering the book as well and just want this to refer back to when I'm lost!
  • Utahgirl12
    Utahgirl12 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Another bump for reference. Waiting for my book to come from the US!