1/2 done - and just stoked!

Options
rdennisjr
rdennisjr Posts: 402 Member
I know it's not a speedy finish, or a famous race, but I've got to tell you - I flat out loved my first half-marathon! 2:19:57 in the Lincoln Nebraska Guard Marathon. Loved the run itself, along with 9,999 other runners and at least that many fans along the entire course. The military support was outstanding as was what seemed like the etire city. Great race if you're looking for a midwest race - sold out the first day! Can't wat to do it again!

Replies

• KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations... nothing beats the feeling of finishing that first half marathon!!

Onwards and upwards to the next one !
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun race! Glad it was great for you
  • neurorat
    neurorat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Congrats on your first half! Heres to many more!
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Wow that's awesome congrats :)
  • rdennisjr
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I know it's not a speedy finish, or a famous race, but I've got to tell you - I flat out loved my first half-marathon! 2:19:57 in the Lincoln Nebraska Guard Marathon. Loved the run itself, along with 9,999 other runners and at least that many fans along the entire course. The military support was outstanding as was what seemed like the etire city. Great race if you're looking for a midwest race - sold out the first day! Can't wat to do it again!
    Hey! That was my first 1/2 Marathon last year. I didn't get in this year, though. I thought the crowds were great. Finishing in Memorial Stadium was pretty cool, too. I'm running much smaller 1/2 this weekend in Papillion.
  • rdennisjr
    Options
    Hey! That was my first 1/2 Marathon last year. I didn't get in this year, though. I thought the crowds were great. Finishing in Memorial Stadium was pretty cool, too. I'm running much smaller 1/2 this weekend in Papillion.

Was planning on doing that but due to some military stuff I'm going to at least try to get the 10k instead....

D
  • hedkell
    hedkell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Not only did you do great in the race but sounds like you had an awesome time doing it! The the best! :smile:
  • kenleyj
    kenleyj Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Not only is that a GREAT time but Congratulation on your first Half Marathon. Now you know what it's about! You rocked it!