Toilet stops!!

Options
xcmum
xcmum Posts: 136
I'm sure all of you have had some emergency stops during your training maybe even during your Half Marathons..

Have you noticed anything that sets you off? Anything that helps to avoid these awkward situations??

Last sunday was my worst. I ran 15km (9.3 miles) had to stop 3 times for number 2's i had even gone twice before leaving home :(

Today i only had to go once which was much better and i ran 19.2km (11.9 miles)

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    My case is likely different than yours but before being diagnosed with Celiac I either had to make darn sure I went really well before getting started on anything long or nature would come a calling. Since being gluten free it is a very rare occurance now :)
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any problems with #2's but the cold air pushed some #1's along a few times -- almost christened a few farm fields on those longer training runs.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    My case is likely different than yours but before being diagnosed with Celiac I either had to make darn sure I went really well before getting started on anything long or nature would come a calling. Since being gluten free it is a very rare occurance now :)

Hmm that's interesting i hadn't thought of that. I could try eliminating Gluten and see how i go. Thanks for that anything to help out :)
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    running downhill seems to be a major factor for me
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    - heat/cold
    - drinking too much or too little
    - anxiety
    - eating before running
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've never had to make pit stops during my runs but I have experienced some GI problems and some stomach cramping before and it can be just as uncomfortable. I've cut down on caffeine (coffee) before my runs and that seems to help (although I've started to add it back now) and watching what I eat before my long runs, including avoiding too much fibre and fat the night before. I'd say play around with your food and see what works/doesn't work for you. Of course the weather, how tired I am and hormones all seem to play a role for me... good luck:)