May 18th

Options
Hello everyone! How are you?

I am considering doing a rest day today and Pure Cardio/Cardio abs tomorrow, as I'm not sure if my condition will be excellent today. Too many drinks yesterday, too little sleep. I'll see how I feel in the afternoon.

My biceps seem to grow and I am starting to see some abdominal muscles developing very slowly but surely. It already started during my 2nd round of the 30 Day Shred but I only noticed it in pictures. Now I start seeing it in the mirror as well. Never thought it was possible, because my stomach is my biggest problem.

Replies

• Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Cardio abs complete...I am sure my Cardio abs looked nothing like what it should have, but I did it...the best I could. Used my Bodybugg for todays workout and I am confused as to why MFP is now telling me I can eat 2000cals vs the 12-1500 it normally does...oh well I will figure it out

Hope everyone has great weekend...weather is great here in Texas and my kids are already begging to go out back and swim at 9am...summer is unofficially here!!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I was there with you.. I made it thru but I'm sure my abs didn't look too much like their but I pushed as hard as I could. I'm seeing results as well... sort of can't wait for weight in etc. on Monday!
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Yay week 2 finished! I am SO happy...I have officially beat where I stopped before when I had knee problems. Knees feel great.
    My only gripe is that, now I have my HRM, I am really burning a lot less calories than I thought I was with insanity. That's kind of a bummer. Yesterday I only came in at 390 and today with pure cardio and the abs workout I was at around 500. Disappointing!! A lot of others that I see are regularly burning in the 500's for the non-pure cardio workouts and in the high 600 low 700's for the pure cardio/ab combo. BOOOO! I am definitely working out within my heart range. I am not supposed to go above 185 and I was generally up around 165-170 which I thought was a good place to be. I'll have to do some research, unless anyone else has suggestions!

Off to enjoy this beautiful Saturday. It's sunny and breezy today in Boston and I can't wait to get out there!

Have a great rest day tomorrow to all those who are in the same place I am :)
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    Pure Cardio and Cardio abs complete...I am sure my Cardio abs looked nothing like what it should have, but I did it...the best I could. Used my Bodybugg for todays workout and I am confused as to why MFP is now telling me I can eat 2000cals vs the 12-1500 it normally does...oh well I will figure it out

My cardio abs also did not look like theirs...but man I could feel the burn!

I wonder if you are burning a lot more calories than you initially thought. It could be adjusting based on that. If you regularly burn around 2500 calories per day between exercise and regular activities eating at 2000 will still mean you are under 500 calories per day (it takes 3500 cals to loose 1 pound so 500 per day for 7 days =1 pound per week). Sorry if I'm already telling you something you know, I just found this out myself and found it super helpful!! I would play around with it and see where you feel most comfortable, just be careful eating only 1200 cals per day while doing insanity, you want to have enough fuel for your workouts!
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 13: Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs/P90X: Ab Ripper X(!)

Man oh Man, I had all sorts of problems today, just to get my workouts in....

Pure Cardio
    I was really disappointed in myself today. I never hit my target heart rate and I just felt under-accomplished with [/i]Pure Cardio[/i] (I really think that this Pure Cardio would bump me up 600-700 alone..). During this workout, I'm hoping that Cardio Abs would push my Calorie Burn up in the 500's again. at least.

HRM Readings:
    Average: 80% (159 BPM)
    Maximum: 90% (179 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:00:03
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:31:59
    Duration: 00:32:06
    Calories Burned: 409 Cal

Cardio Abs
    A big setback here was that the disc was scratched up, kept on pausing and skipping around, causing me to end up finding it streamed online (big "no no" for those of you who don't own it! Please Support Team BeachBody by buying the product!). Even with my newfound secondary source to do Cardio Abs, it kept skipping on me AGAIN!....Today must not have been in favor of me working out my abs....I bit the bullet and just kept pushing Pause every time the video froze (it would only freeze about 3 sec at max, to which I was still doing the exercises.) Since I had maybe a 25-30 min gap between Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs, I was wondering if it affected my Calorie burn in the Cardio Abs Workout...also...those Plankwork-Oblique exercises.....couldn't figure 'em out, got mad cause I felt like a whale.

HRM Readings:
    Average: 69% (136 BPM)
    Maximum: 81% (160 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:09:11
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:07:57
    Duration: 00:17:08
    Calories Burned: 168 Cal

TOTAL Calories Burned with Insanity today: 577

P90X: Ab Ripper X
    Now, before my head gets chewed off by any potential Nazis that might decide to float on by our Insanity Support Group, I do want to say that I only did Ab Ripper X to make me feel better about the hangups I had with Insanity. I would hope it's okay to post "Other Workouts" only if used in cases similar to mine, with all the hangups I had and having completed the Day's Insanity schedule to best of their ability. Also, I find it interesting to see the difference in numbers when comparing Insanity and P90X Ab workouts. Overall, I feel "decently" accomplished for today, except for the dang oblique exercises in here too, heh.

HRM Readings:
    Average: 66% (131 BPM)
    Maximum: 77% (152 BPM)
    "Fat Burn" Zone: 00:10:18
    "Fitness" Zone: 00:05:02
    Duration: 00:15:28
    Calories Burned: 140 Cal

TOTAL Calories Burned with Insanity+P90X: Ab Ripper X today: 717

Congrats to all of y'all for Completing today's workout! (Including those who have yet to log their Daily Log!)
    A lot of others that I see are regularly burning in the 500's for the non-pure cardio workouts and in the high 600 low 700's for the pure cardio/ab combo. BOOOO! I am definitely working out within my heart range. I am not supposed to go above 185 and I was generally up around 165-170 which I thought was a good place to be. I'll have to do some research, unless anyone else has suggestions!

Come on over to the Discussion Thread and ask away, I'll see about what I can get answered. Or just PM me, and I'll post the discussion on the Discussion Forum for others to view as well.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Finished Pure Cardio today and then did Cardio Abs right after. I think I'll split them up next time, I was really lacking at the ab work and had to modify the planking on my knees. Pure Cardio still gets me exhausted, but I had a ton of energy later in the day, funny how that works!
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    pure torture and cardio abs done..I HATE pure cardio! cardio abs not as tough as all are saying my advantage hop hop abs deluxe edition the c-sitt was my bible so I was pretty much used to that workout... going on vacation next weekend so I'm gonna try and go extra hard this week so I'm not too far behind you guys/ gals next week... congratulations to all that are here we are already at the fit test! YAY!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Well, I had my rest day yesterday. Those drinks and 2h sleep killed me. Congratulations to you! I am going through this torture today!

Chasero - great job. I intend to complete p90x after Insanity, so I am happy to hear about your experiences :)