Run, Walk or Crawl 5-19 to 5-25

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
- Steve Prefontaine

"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
-Jesse Owens

Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can. Vince Lombardi

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."
-Juma Ikangaa, 1989 NYC Marathon winner

Replies

• adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm in...depending on weather and baseball games I should hit the 15 miles no problem
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! It's a beautiful Sunday morning here in Etten-Leur, Noord Brabant! Hope you all have a gorgeous morning, too!

Sunday: 2.93 miles running

WTD: 2.93 miles
  • eudaimonia_sf
    eudaimonia_sf Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    good morning!

sun: 3.25M running

total: 3.25M
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday Walking/Run/Crawl 4.89 Hot Muggy Miles
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Good Moring All. I just now posted the rest of my miles for last week. I walked 10 miles before midnight at relay for life making my total last week 18 miles. I walked another 3.5 Sunday morning as is indicated below.

Good Luck the week everyone!

Sunday: 3.5 miles

Total: 3.5 miles
  • debi_f
    Options
    Monday: first run 2.6 miles; second run 1.65 miles (both were fairly soggy runs, but they were fun!)

WTD: 7.18 miles
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Monday: resting form relay

Planing a small walk and some gardening tonight.
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday Walking/Run/Crawl 3.89 Hot Muggy Miles
    Tuesday 3.53 walk/run

Total 7.42
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi all...be ready to see the slow me. Physician gave green light for working out...30 mins of walking (if that can be called a workout). But of course something is better than nothing.

21st May - 2km (30 min)
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sunday - rest day
    Monday - 2.16
    Tuesday - Zumba

Have great Wednesday!
  • debi_f
    Options
    Hi all...be ready to see the slow me. Physician gave green light for working out...30 mins of walking (if that can be called a workout). But of course something is better than nothing.

You're right! Something is better than nothing! You'll be running marathons in no time... ;-)

Monday: first run 2.6 miles; second run 1.65 miles (both were fairly soggy runs, but they were fun!)
    Tuesday: 2.68 miles running
    Wednesday: 2.66 miles running

WTD: 12.52 miles
  • fuhrmeister
    Options
    Monday: resting form relay
    Tuesday: gardening
    Wednesday: no exercise -donated blood and had a 7pm church meeting

I am not rocking the mile this week. Tonight is my Stepsons family birthday dinner and a movie. But I'm still here. Next week I will walk more.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I just quit lurking (after about 9 months of doing so) on MFP on Sunday 5/19/13 and started seriously charting my eats. I was inspired by a post yesterday and finally put my walking shoes on to help shed 60 unhealthy pounds. Joined this group today to keep me walking. So:

Wed: 3 miles
    Thursday: 3 miles

Will add something under the intro later.Glad I found y'all.
  • debi_f
    Options
    Welcome to the group!

Thursday: 2.86 miles running in the rain!
    Friday: 11.74 miles stationary bike followed by Pilates class

WTD: 27.12 miles
  • debi_f
    Options
    Thursday: 2.86 miles running in the rain!
    Friday: 11.74 miles stationary bike followed by Pilates class; .78 miles walking; .78 miles biking

WTD: 28.68 miles
  • kpk54
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome.

Friday: 3 miles/60minutes so WTD is 9. Just getting started and have a darn blister on my toe. I'll wear different shoes tomorrow.

Just as an FYI: I appreciate this group. It was here when I needed something to get me going and keep me going.

Off but on topic: I tend to be a nearly daily grocery shopper and the market is 1.5 miles from my house via 1 route and 2 miles via the other. I decided Wednesday, why not put on my shoes and WALK to the grocery store and get a little exercise for this nearly 60 year old body. And so, I do. Of course, I have to be careful about what I buy (weight/frozen) but as I lose some weight and gain some stamina/strength/routine, I may purchase a back pack but maybe not. I plan. Today's purchases were corn on the cob and Roma Tomatoes. Tomorrow will be canned tuna and cucumbers. :laugh:
  • reese66
    Options
    Tuesday 3.53 walk/run
    Friday 4.48 walk/run

Total 11.90

Everyone is doing such an awesome job, as always aspiring to see the least!!!
  • kpk54
    Options
    I got my 60 minutes in with my walk to the grocery store. Carried home too many groceries but no problem with the blisters wearing different shoes.

3 miles today. 9 WTD and since I just started 3 days ago, I'm cool with that.
  • reese66
    Options
    Tuesday 3.53 walk/run
    Friday 4.48 walk/run
    Saturday 4.62 walk/run

Total 16.52
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sun Rest