May 19th

Options
For most of you this is going to be a well-deserved Rest Day!

For me, it's Pure Cardio/Abs combo today and I already dread it. I am abroad and I had to switch days - I felt too powerless yesterday - travel, 2h sleep and drinks on friday night. I am getting too old for this kind of stuff I guess :)

I'll report back later. Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Pure Cardio/Cardio abs completed. Yay! I actually enjoyed those exercises. Probably because I was able to sit or be in the plank position instead of running and jumping all the time!

I am visiting my family abroad and I only took my spors bra with me and nothing else. What can I say. I do not exactly recommend doing Insanity in string tangas. Lol.
  • anokte
    anokte Posts: 12
    Options
    I rested yesterday and did Pure Cardio/Cardio Abs today. I can't believe I've already finished two weeks of this program! Even better, I can already feel a significant difference in my physical fitness level. I have a lot more stamina now than I did 2 weeks ago... I can't wait to see how I'm doing in 2 months!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I am so thrilled. 3 different family members who haven't seen me for a month or so told me I'm "disappearing". I didn't need any better motivator to start exercising today!

Anokte, I thought exactly the same thing today. 2 weeks! I was so afraid that Insanity will be too much for me and I won't be able to complete it. So glad I was wrong!
  • aletadiana
    aletadiana Posts: 54
    Options
    This group has helped me immensely! I am a member of a beach body FB group from start #1, and it is not nearly as encouraging and helpful as this one. I think it's great being with people who are right at the same point you are. The other group I am in is more for "accountability" and is not at all conversational, you just post your workout and the food you ate. This group just keeps me motivated and inspired to get up and workout the next day....so thanks everyone who posts! It's more helpful than you can ever know!
    I am enjoying my rest day and am just about to prepare for a small BBQ we are having here late afternoon...Turkey Burgers and grilled sweet potatoes....YUM!
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Just finished cardio/ cardio abs and it was insane! I REALLY don't enjoy pure cardio, my least favorite :/ but I did feel great afterwards!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this group. I was so looking for an Insanity support group. Started on my own May 6th. Avoided doing this workout for so long. I am extremely glad I took the plunge. I did cardio & cardio today. I ended up taking Friday as my rest day. Week 3- starts tomorrow. I can't wait to see my fit test to see improvements.
  • chasero
    chasero Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ktrn0312, glad you could join us! As for me, today was my Rest Day and Week 3 picks up with all of y'all back on track with this switchin' around of y'alls Rest Day this week, heh. Personally, I don't know how y'all are gonna be able to have an easy time with no rest before the Fit Test, I commend y'all! I couldn't log all my calories for today since it didn't have a restaurant with the food I ate, so I eyeballed it. Oh, and boy are my abs sore today (thankfully I've been proven that I have 'em).
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I was out of town and missed the Friday and Saturday workouts. However, I was hiking in the mountains both days, so I feel that I got more than eough of a workout in. I took a rest day today.

I credit two weeks of Insantiy for my being able to keep up with the 5 outdoorsmen that I was hiking with! I only struggled during the last mile, which was straight up with no levelling off. I'm really seeing an improvement in my endurance.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    This thread is so positive! I love that everyone is noticing results!
  • rafcon
    rafcon Posts: 11
    Options
    Completely agree with Jess. Pure Cardio is definitely not a favorite before I do it, but I am starting to appreciate it after I finish...