Question

Thyme4change
Thyme4change Posts: 46 Member
I was making assorted pre and post protein smoothie for 2 mths and weight was not changing. I hv just switched it up and eat a sm snack b4 exercise and a 'real' breakfast post workout.

My question is why am I now losing some wt not a lot or fast? What is the difference in what I thought was a wholesome morning smoothie and what I am doing now? Btw I do not follow a strict primal diet, but I walk more on the primal side (I doI see and agree i w/ the primal/Paleo wisdom. I just hvnt got there..yet :)

Basic pre & post workout pro smoothie recipe..
Almond milk 1c
Amazing grass 1/2 scp
Vega Preformance Pro Pwdr 1/2 scp
flax meal 1/2T (or post sub 1T chia)
Assorted berries 1/4c (or post 1/2 banana)
Coconut oil 1/2T off and on

Now...b4 workout snack
Small fruit or berries(occasional sprouted bread 1/2 slice) plus cheese or nuts
Post workout
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1-2oz berries
1-2oz fresh veggies
1tsp olive oil

Any experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated.
Kim

Replies

• shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I don't know what's in the Amazing grass or protein powder or what macros look like, but I'd venture to guess because you're eating real foods now and a complete protein (egg), though it's not much with just 1 egg and 2 egg whites (most of the nutrients are in the yolk). That's my best guess.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    I'd have to agree with Shar140: stick with whole natural foods.

Almond milk is a processed food, 'Amazing Grass' is processed wheat grass, 'Vega Preformance Pro Pwdr' is a processed food and so on. Not sure why you are using egg whites; as mentioned, the nutrition is in the yolk.
  • Thyme4change
    Thyme4change Posts: 46 Member
    Good points thanks..egg whites...old habits ;)