Weekly Chat Thread- Mon 5/20 - Sun 5/26

Options
rachpetersen
rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
Good morning my fabulous turbo friends!! Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and remembered to get their workouts in! Fire 30 + Tone 30 done this morning! Let's push it this week ladies!!

Replies

• BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey! Had a relaxing weekend and got in two big workouts. Completed Fire 45: New to Class this morning..I was out of step most of the time but I still managed to burn some calories! :) lol Looking forward to another awesome Turbo Fire week! Everyone have a great day!
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    I can't wait until Sunday! It's my 30 day result tracking day :glasses:
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Fire45EZ= DONE :drinker:
    Low energy today, but still burned major cals! Excited for HIIT tomorrow and c25k :bigsmile:
  • Nikki91606
    Nikki91606 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My TurboFire just came in the mail!! Woohoo!!! Just in time to start for this week. :) So excited!
  • lremi
    lremi Posts: 59
    Options
    HIIT 25 and Tone 30 today which should have been sculpt but I only realized it halfway through. Oh well I'll switch them out on Wednesday. My brain does not function properly on Monday mornings.
  • hlsours1
    hlsours1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I've definately fallen off. I haven't worked out in a few weeks. I just started using shakeology last week and I started my workout back up this week. I'm doing a combo of TurboFire and Zumba. While I love the workout from TF, some days I just want to dance! Zumba worked for me once so I think combining the two will help me stick with it. Wish me luck!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!!

Week 7 started today!!! Yay!! Not my best workout today thanks to TOM but its done!!! Fire 55EZ done!!!
  • dressed2killl
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of turbo fire prep! I woke up at 5am to work out and it just is not for me, I was a zombie and half asleep so I figure 7pm is my prime workout time.

Best part of the day (after finishing the work out) marking off the workout on the calendar that you finished!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off. I need to switch up one of my days for 55 ez, but I find it so hard to power through such a long workout. What gets you guys through that Dvd? I did hiit 15 and sculpt 30 today, that hiit is no joke!
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    Fire 55EZ done and done! Only a few more days until there is a little change up in the schedule!
  • preshusgem
    preshusgem Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

It's been awhile since I've been on here. I was in a 2 month slump. I exercised regularly up to week 14 and my week 14 became a 5 week thing and it took me almost 3 weeks to get to week 16...the bad habits came back of eating like crap and my small clothes were feeling really snug again. Anyway, I restarted week 1 yesterday and changing up my profile numbers. Yes, I'm down but I'm pulling myself back up again. I will check in more often. It's so motivating to seeing that you all are still pressing play.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • v_wich86
    v_wich86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    About to start my workout for today right now so I can X off another day on my calender. I LOVE the accountability checking in provides, and the satisfying feeling when a workout is done. Power to all the hotties!
  • xintothevoidxz
    Options
    As soon as I complete my workout for the day, I put the next day's dvd into the player so all I have to do is push play. Once I finish my workout I always show my boyfriend my HRM watch to show him how much I burned. I think it makes me feel more accountable for doing my workouts :)

Now he's (hopefully) joining me on my weight loss journey since the doc told him he should be 40# lighter! I don't think he'll be Turbo Firing with me, but I'll get his gamer butt off the couch somehow!
  • SunnyBellaB
    SunnyBellaB Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, I just joined this group and I started Turbo Fire yesterday. I love it! I am a vet of TurboJam so I knew I would enjoy this workout. I am trying to lose about 20 pounds and keep it off for good. I turn 30 in September and don't want to wear any spanx or worry about sucking in for pictures! I hope checking in with you ladies will help keep me accountable.
  • lremi
    lremi Posts: 59
    Options
    In my theme of mixing up my workouts Fire 30 today since I was short on time. I think I've done that one so much now it's burned into memory
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Whew! Had a really hard time with 45 EZ tonight, fighting side stiches the whole way through and right before the finale I got really tight in the chest...weird and frighting all at the same time. I was able to finish it out still with a great calorie burn, but hoping this doesn't happen again! Hope everyone else had a great workout today!!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Low HIIT 25 and Sculpt 30 today. Neither are a favorite, but it got it done :) I'm taking a week off after Friday to change my rest day from Monday back to Sunday now that run club is done and focus on running for a week (before my next race). Once I start up again after that only 2 weeks left of the 12!
  • tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of turbo fire prep! I woke up at 5am to work out and it just is not for me, I was a zombie and half asleep so I figure 7pm is my prime workout time.

Best part of the day (after finishing the work out) marking off the workout on the calendar that you finished!

I'm with you on this. I tried to work out at 6AM yesterday morning and just could not get into it. 6PM workouts for me.
  • tanya0324
    tanya0324 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I took the weekend off. I need to switch up one of my days for 55 ez, but I find it so hard to power through such a long workout. What gets you guys through that Dvd? I did hiit 15 and sculpt 30 today, that hiit is no joke!

Have you tried drinking a protein shake right before working out? I was having problems with my energy level during the longer workouts as well and read to try that. It seems to help with those last 10-15 minutes. That and making sure you're consuming enough calories during the day. I also find that for me, those last 10-15 minutes become more of a mental thing.
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    Fire 45 done and done!! Love the Tina part of the fire drills...probably my favourite part of any fire drill...so much fun!!
    Whew! Had a really hard time with 45 EZ tonight, fighting side stiches the whole way through and right before the finale I got really tight in the chest...weird and frighting all at the same time. I was able to finish it out still with a great calorie burn, but hoping this doesn't happen again! Hope everyone else had a great workout today!!

I would be careful with that and stop working out if it happens again. No point in risking your health by pushing yourself too hard...sounds like your body is trying to tell you to slow down a bit. If it continues I would consider going for a visit to your doctor to check it out...would rather be safe than sorry. Chest tightness or pain is nothing to mess with :)