Week 1 of C25K down!

Options
tresmommy86
tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
Hello All,

This is my first time posting in this group, but I've read a lot of the topics and really got some good info before I began this program. I currently use the RunDouble Pro C25K app and I love it. I paced myself, learned to steady my breathing, and gained proper form. I actually developed a rhythm and just jogged to my delight! It was so great to see others running as well and about a similar pace as me. No one looked at me weird, not that I would've cared, but I kinda felt like there were impressed. There were defintely more leisure walkers than runners and I was proud to be one of the runners. I know from here it starts to get progressively harder and I'm determined to stick with it. I will continue to just run my pace, not too fast, but a little more challenging than this previous week. It is my mission and I choose to accept!

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job at finishing week one! that's the biggest challenge right there.

Your experience might be different, but I didn't find the program to get increasingly challenging. I had good and bad days, but it stayed the same amount hard after week two. I was just able to do a lot MORE with the same exertion because I was getting better. So, if you've already learned to pace yourself and breathe, you might even find yourself enjoying the program after a little while. :)
  • tresmommy86
    tresmommy86 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your encouragement. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. :happy: