What is the wierdest thing your Fitbit has said to you?

Options

Replies

• daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine told me to Climb It yesterday - since we were on our way to bed I took it as a come-on - and hey, I'll try anything once...
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Also, ladies be careful if you wear it on your bra! :-) Once I was wearing a light colored top and the little blue light came on saying "hold me". It might sometimes flash messages at people you are talking to.

Hahahaha thats brilliant - thanks for the warning!!

Ha! I'll have to be careful wearing light colors.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Mine said "I'm running away with your husband's Garmin."

I've always suspected Greta Garmin is a bit of a tech *kitten*.
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    I've only seen 'Smooches' and 'Howdy' so far :)
  • p1ppers
    p1ppers Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I look forward to those little sayings every morning when I pick it up and put it on. Sometimes, when it doesn't speak to me, I put it down and pick back up a couple of times until I get something. Makes my day. My husband is Canadian also, and my favorite sweatshirt says " you had me at Bonjour" so I loved it when it said Bonjour to me on fitbit. I also wondered, just how much does this little tracker I wear in my bra really know about me? Scary.

It must have a database of 50 sayings or so, because I get so many different ones, pretty much all that are mentioned here. Funny how a small daily greeting can make your entire day better.
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    It does tell me it loves me but I find Hold Me a little creepy. I feel like my Fitbit is depressed and I'm responsible for it's emotional well being.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    is that the fitbit one ? my zip is cute but mute..
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    it once told me to "get moving" when I picked it up after my shower. this was after completing 20,000 steps that day. I told it to piss off.
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've had most of the sayings, I think but I have yet to see "No Donut", "Stepgeek" "Bon Jour" or "Vamos".

It must be holding out on me.

Today it's telling me "I'm Ready", "Rock On" and "What's Up"

Normally I get "Smooches", "Hold Me", "Goooooal" or "Hi There"

I think I'm going to change the name on mine to Fatass too or something equally motivating.

AH IRONY!!! I just picked it up and it said Vamos!! LOL
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    These are great!!
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my flex says nothing,
  • sapphirewinds
    Options
    Mine wanted me to hug it right away, first message when I got it yesterday. That's all it's said so far that I've noticed, but I've had it in my bra at work, so I haven't been looking, LOL!
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You've all got me depressed now, my fitbit refuses to talk to me, I keep putting it down and picking it back up but nothing!!!!!!!
    I go to bed with it every night and this is how it thanks me, very much a one sided relationship! Lol
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Loving this thread! My FitBit is always in my bra or with me in bed so I often miss what it has to say. Been trying it out tonight and have got a 'Hi there', 'what's up' and 'love ya'.

Love my FitBit!
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We should note most of us talking about a talking FitBit are referring to the One tracker. The Flex won't talk to you. Not sure if the Zip talks.

Mine said Cheers earlier. Now it just said "Go".

For those that want it to talk, you have to lie it on a flat surface face up and flat. If it's angled or tilted, it might not talk. Then wait about 2 minutes and pick it up and look.

Now it just told me "I Like U", "Move It", "Go" and is rotating on those. Probably because I'm close to goal.
  • sapphyreskye
    Options
    Funniest moment so far today: Google searching "stepgeek" after my FitBit said it... Only to find the results on a forum in MFP... which is open in another tab.

But seriously, stepgeek? What does that even mean?

I've gotten love ya, hold me, hug me, cheers, gooooal, but so far no smoochies. I really want stepgeek! lol I'm going to seriously try for that one! :P
    Maybe it said it to you because you like climbing so many stairs every day?
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Funniest moment so far today: Google searching "stepgeek" after my FitBit said it... Only to find the results on a forum in MFP... which is open in another tab.

I've gotten love ya, hold me, hug me, cheers, gooooal, but so far no smoochies. I really want stepgeek! lol I'm going to seriously try for that one! :P
    That could be it--if I ever climbed stairs! Lol. After having it for a couple weeks, I finally customized my One so I don't see how many flights of stairs I climb because it's almost always 0.
  • sapphyreskye
    Options

That could be it--if I ever climbed stairs! Lol. After having it for a couple weeks, I finally customized my One so I don't see how many flights of stairs I climb because it's almost always 0.

hahaha! That makes it even weirder then, that it would say that too you! Maybe it WANTS you to become one? :P
    I did almost 40 stairs yesterday, and still can't get it to say it to me, but at least it tells me it loves me everyday! lol
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've had my one about a week and half, 2 weeks, and sometimes I notice the light turning off, but I never catch what it's saying to me! I didn't know it said fun things.
  • uscsmith
    Options
    I'm currently on a tour in Panama. I dropped my Fitbit One on the bus yesterday. When the tour director found it and picked it up, it said "Vamos Dennis" and she knew who it belonged to, but didn't know how it knew it was in Latin America.