Weekly Male Stop (May 17-23)

Options
KevinS62
KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
Hey all.

Looks like no one started a weekly thread last week. I was a little busy, but truthfully, I've just been a little P-O'd with my lack of progress on the bathroom scales. That doesn't mean I'm giving up. While I've slowed down to losing only ~1/2 lb per week, I'm really noticing differences in the way I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit.

I had a minor surgical thing done on Monday, and probably can't lift weights until the stitches come out on the 29th. But, I've upped my cardio this week, taking "brisk" 2 1/2 -3 mile walks EVERY afternoon. When I get home from work, I'll report in with my weight. It won't be as low as I'd like it, but I had a few beers whilest watching the LSU baseball game last night. That's okay. I know that weight drop is there, waiting to happen soon.

SW - 247
GW - 180-185
CW - (I'll report this afternoon)

The May Challenge:
195 lbs
Cardio 3x per week
Weights 3x per week

Replies

• KevinS62
    KevinS62 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    SW - 247
    GW - 180-185
    CW - 201.2

Long ways to go if I want 195 by June 1. I suppose it's still doable. We shall see. Gonna go mow lawn now. Probably be 199 by the time I'm done with it.

-Kevin
  • daleweideman
    daleweideman Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Finally a good week for me. I finally officially hit 15 lbs down -- been in plateau zone for a few weeks. On Monday, I noticed my pants were so baggy I tried on my old size 40's - and they fit great. (Was in 42's). Love that! And they aren't "squeeze in barely" - they fit great. So now I'm on my way to make them baggy and have to go buy some 38's!

Was at a company customer conference this week and was so busy I missed several meals, and stayed away from the high-carbo snack displays! Lots of my colleagues were saying "you've lost weight" - great to hear.

Last night, tired, I finally caved in and had a pig-out. Ate a bunch of bread, some pear butter, some cheese. I was just so tired and hungry, and tired of being hungry. I bet if I hadn't done that I would be under 250, my current "gotta get there" priority.

So, I've demonstrated that skipping meals, eating smaller meals, and upping the cardio exercise a lot will actually result in a weight loss! ;-) Just need to repeat this week!.

Hang in there, eat clean everybody, get your activity minutes in, and let's keep up the progress!

SW 265.4
    CW 250.4
    GW 199
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Dropped another 2 1/2 lbs. Doctor cleared me to walk and I've been walking like mad. Celebrating my accomplishment of 220 lbs or 100 kg with a few beers!

HW 252
    SW: 236
    CW: 220
    GW: 190
  • bigboyrunning
    bigboyrunning Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Men,

Name is Joey and though "technically I have been on here for a little while, I just picked it up this week and started to go through with it. This week (only Tuesday I know) is kind of a resurrection for me. On Monday I went to my YMCA and did a spin class (holy *kitten*! but I made it through. This morning I signed up by an 8 week Shred course by the YMCA in which it is mostly like biggest loser style. We weigh in every Tuesday morning and then go through work out and stuff. Let's just say my legs from yesterday and today or killing me now!!!

I am 35, happily married to the hottest woman in the world and we have 4 kids and 4 doggies. (My wife is a professional dog trainer :) I coach and teach 7th grade in Central Texas.

So my stats in case anyone like to compare (don't we all)

SW- 307
    GW- 200
    CW- 307

Also:

Neck 17, chest 48, waist 47, bicep 15, forearm 13, calf 18.5, thigh 29

I don't have a goal. I have a mission. My mission is to be 200 pounds by Halloween. This 8 week class is going to kick my butt and start me off in the right direction. I pledge as well to be dedicated to the cause on this site and to maybe in the process be a little inspiration as well.

Thanks,

Joey
  • dad040859
    dad040859 Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome, Joey - you're among friends on this board. Nice mission; if it helps, set lots of little missions along the way. This tends to ease the sting of crappy weeks, and you'll have them (we all have). Stay positive, celebrate little victories whenever you can. Good luck!
  • FitGoal165
    FitGoal165 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hey Fellas,

I have not checked in for the last couple of weeks and wanted to touch base. I have been generally eating well but have had a couple of cheat days. The bigger issue is working out. It hasn't happened. No excuses. I just didn't want it bad enough. I have a sleeve on my arm to relieve some tendonitis but I should be doing cardio and I just haven't. The wife and I have less than 3 months until our trip to Jamaica so I can get a lot done between now and then. And, I am close to my goal weight so I need to get after it.

HW 192
    SW 182
    CW 169
    GW 160
  • henryvg2
    henryvg2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a little disappointed this week, only down 1 #. But I'm not working as hard as I could if I really wanted to get more off. So I better be happy with the pound and keep my eye on what I 'say' I want. At least I'm not carrying around the equivalent of 3 gal of milk in weight all the time...Wow, I have to get those gallon jugs out and carry them around a day to bring that back home to me...

SW-274 (276?, hell,I don't remember)
    CW-250
    GW-200
  • mrincredible93
    Options
    Hey, this is cool! I didn't know this thread was on here!
    I'm here on MFP over a year and have done more than I thought was possible. I'm now working on what I thought was impossible. You can do it too guys! Stick with it and dare to dream big!