Whats better, 2 back to back or only 2 in a week? or...

Options
Jxnsmma
Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
I only have access to the gym on days that I work. I am taking fridays off this summer. So My choices are only do 2 workouts a week, Monday and Wed, if I follow the "must have 48 hours rest between workouts" rule, or I do a workout only 24 hours after a previous workout. ie Monday Wednesday, Thursday... I have ZERO equipment at home. Ok, not true, I have a fitness ball and bands.. so I guess option 3 would be to flub through my Friday workout at home adapting it to bands instead of weights... or improvising.... (insert ME squatting with a 50lb feed bag on my back here...)

What would YOU do?

Replies

• beansNboo
    beansNboo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this very thing! I have similar scheduling problems and can definitely do two days (M&Thus) but would like to add a third on Friday when I have to work on Saturday. My gym is on a college campus and has limited hours during the summer... So I can't even go at inconvient times to make it work with the 48 hrs rule.

Looking forward to other posts...
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I would probably do a monday and wednesday routine and then make sure i ws active on my days at home. I know how much better I lift and can focus after I take a day off from lifting (mondays i am especially focused and can concentrate on form and how much i lifr after resting all weekend).
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Here's what I would do: I would do the NROL4W workouts 2X week with 48 hours between. Then do HIIT or some fun body weight/bands stuff at home on Fridays. Maybe check out nerdfitness.com for some challenging at home workouts. Getting your full 48 hour rest between the workouts will give you better strength gains, IMHO.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Here's what I would do: I would do the NROL4W workouts 2X week with 48 hours between. Then do HIIT or some fun body weight/bands stuff at home on Fridays. Maybe check out nerdfitness.com for some challenging at home workouts. Getting your full 48 hour rest between the workouts will give you better strength gains, IMHO.

This!