Non-Scale Victories!!! (NSVs)

Options
I thought I would start a topic on NON-scale victories, where we can post progress in areas that don't involve the scale but keep us moving in the right direction. Please post as often as you can!!! Every little victory adds up to success.......... and ~ eventually ~ that dreaded scale must follow!!! :laugh:

I will start with me passing up frozen yogurt tonight when everyone else in the family indulged. I am proud of myself for that!!! :smile:

Replies

• Ldevinemk
    Ldevinemk Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can fit into a pair of my "fat" jeans. LOL I am out of the "extra fat" jeans. Now I am working toward my "back to where I started" jeans. Have a whole closet of clothes from 10 years ago that I need to blow the dust off of. But they were great clothes and I swore I would get back into them after my babies. I am headed in the right direction...but the Christmas season has me making some hard choices.
  • Ldevinemk
    Options
    by the way.....passing up yummy treats like that...is a victory!! Great Job!!!
  • Iamslimandfit
    Iamslimandfit Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey, ldevinemk, "fat" jeans beat "extra fat" jeans any day!!! :laugh: Way to go!!! :smile:
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have 10 long fingernails. Has to be change in eating and taking vitamins daily.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Hey, those 10 long fingernails ARE a victory!!! :smile: I just recently bit all of mine down to nothing! :sad: So mad at myself! :angry:
  • Ldevinemk
    Options
    do you think you should log the fingernails? lol wonder how many calories. LOL just kidding. Great job for everyones victories....yeah...the "fat jeans" are better than the "extra fat jeans". heheh :bigsmile:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    "...Log the fingernails???" Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Since my dreadful scale isn't budging down, I am really trying hard to focus on NSVs at the moment. My motivation is finally back, which is a major NSV for me!!! :bigsmile: I have a hard enough time staying on plan when I am motivated, so it feels impossible when I am struggling with my motivation. For the moment, I believe that I can and will lose the weight permanently...... one pound at a time! :wink:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    My non-scale victory today is that I am finally getting a grip on my overeating for the moment. There is no question that I am addicted to food, so this is a major accomplishment. I am really focusing on the fact that I need to make changes if I am going to get a different/better result. That has helped when I am tempted by extra food when I'm not truly hungry. So, for today....... HOORAY for me!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Since my scale doesn't seem to know how to go down, I will focus on my non-scale victories for now. I have walked 15+ minutes every day since Saturday! Trying to develop a positive habit and exercise self-discipline. So far, so good!!! :bigsmile:
  • aubsgg
    Options
    Since my scale doesn't seem to know how to go down, I will focus on my non-scale victories for now. I have walked 15+ minutes every day since Saturday! Trying to develop a positive habit and exercise self-discipline. So far, so good!!! :bigsmile:
    good job
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    Still walking at least 15 minutes every day!!! YIPPEE!!! :bigsmile:
  • aubsgg
    Options
    very good. Hope it is getting easier to keep it up.
  • Iamslimandfit
    Options
    My Non Scale Victory (NSV) lately has been that I am not beating myself up when I have a slip up with food or exercise. Negative self-talk only hurts me, so I am proud of myself for kicking it to the curb more often lately!