The Trouble with Love is....

Options
jacatkins
jacatkins Posts: 19 Member
So i decided to write another post today.... just looking at where you sit personally with loving yourself.
I find, because i dont love myself, how can i expect someone else too. Now i have a loving man in my life, that loves me no matter what, but he can see how my weight affects me. he pushes me to do somethign about it... as much as i dont want too..
And how can you truely love someone else, when you dont even love yourself!

Now i dont want these comments to cause people more heartache... and i dont want people to start running home saying, i dont love myself, i dont love you... But i truely believe its a fair comment.

I can imagine my life without my man... he is definately my world... i do love him... and my mission is to make sure that by loving myself... i love him more and more every day!

Stop looking for the negative things... adore the positives.

Adore yourself and the life you lead and the people that are in it. You truely deserve their love and you definately deserve the love you give yourself. You are a wonderful, talented, gifted person who is gorgeous, skinny and lovable!

Have a great day everyone!
Jac xxxoooxxx

Replies

• Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Exactly. One day I had a bofriend who loved me, and I was saying everyday that I was plain, quite ugly, uninteresting, tasteless... and that I knew I did not deserve to be loved. At forst he tried to help me, and after a oong time, I (sort of) convinced him of all the silly things I said about myself.

So now, I try to love myself, so that people can love me :)
  • eazieske
    eazieske Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aw thats soo true!! we need to love ourselfs and always say positive things about our selfs lets all be good to ourselfs !!! and others will see the love and can accept us just the way we are!!!! have a wonderful day!!!
  • abeechu
    abeechu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is exactly where I am too :( I have struggled with body image issues since I was a pre-teen, and it's a daily battle to tell myself that I look great today and that this is the greatest I have looked ever. It helps that my boyfriend is supportive, but there are definitely times when I shake off his compliments because I don't "feel" beautiful/pretty-- this has caused some unnecessary upset emotions in the both of us to arise. So I'm trying to stay positive at all times and take his compliments at face value and believe in him and in myself.

Keep it up! We are beautiful and strong, and if the media's/fashion industry's notion of "beautiful" is not aligned with ours... well who do they think they are?! I always remind myself that I'd rather be healthy and confident in my curves and muscular (the main reason I get self-conscious, usually) than be stick-thin and skinny-fat.