Summer Sopranos

2»

Replies

• glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    I am enjoying my first month with you and find it does make me work or try when I might not have on my own. But summer break is fine- I am on different life mode in the summer- trailer, not always at computer, busy or lazy, away lots so I am fine if we take a break too! But if not I will keep going!
    But in case I want to keep something up does anyone have suggestions for other challenges? I am not a spring chicken so I don't want one where you have to run 50 miles a day or something too too too tough!
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    I don't know if this idea will help or not but what if you cut it down for the summer to be weekly challenges instead of daily. At work we have a health program that has weekly goals...ex. walk 20 miles this week, no fast food this week, eat (pick a number) of vegetables this week, do 30 minutes of cardio 3 times this week. These are just a few of what we do through work. It might make it easier to track everyone on a weekly basis instead of on a daily basis and since we weigh in each week we can use that same day to report if we completed the challenge.

I do love these challenges but I also know myself that I have a hard time reporting everyday. Even if I have done the challenge I still find myself sending a message several days later with many days on there and all the challenges at once.

Which ever way works for you let us know :)
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    I have really enjoyed these challenges. I hate to cut back for the summer but life interferes sometimes, sometimes for a lot longer than we expect too. So starting up in September again would be cool. Having the communication thread over the summer would be cool (along with some weigh-ins, for me accountability helps even if I sometimes don't send timely messages). Doing the weekly challenges would be cool. Divvying up some of the duties would work too.

Please do what is best for you and your family and know that we "the family" have appreciated all that you have done.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Hey I like Kimberly's idea- weekly challenge would be more doable
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    I had a lot of fun with this challenge and saw my weight loss increase. Win win! Thank you both so much for all the work you've put in to this!!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Thanks for all the hard work and the challenges! See ya in September!
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Id love that idea!!! :)
  • monica2410
    monica2410 Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you Don for running this challenge!
    See you in September:)
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    No worries, sir! Im sure that trying to balance it all has been very challenging. Thanks so much for facilitating this awesome challenge! I look forward to joining it again after summer. You rock, Don!
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    I understand completely! Being that I just joined and don't want to lose momentum over the summer, I'm thinking of offering a Summer Camp Challenge. This would only be for June, July and August. Weekly activity itineraries. Anyone interested? This camp director would need camp counselors and CITs. Email me if interested. In the fall I'll GLADLY hand back control to the Don!
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    I have really enjoyed participating in this challenge. I agree that a daily challenge would be too much for most of us, most of the time. I do like the idea of keeping the board open through the summer months to check in, get encouragement, and I liked the idea of having a weekly challenge. I think posting our weight the beginning of each month, along with our goals and how we hope to achieve them, would help with our individual motivation. Once you put your idea out there, you have made a commitment.
    I want to thank Sean, and all the Captain's (especially Lisa - Team Dante) for putting this together and never giving up on me. I seem to have stagnated this month, with my weight loss, but I can't complain about a 44 pound weight loss since January. I'm just glad I'm not gaining it back.
    I was sick for a while, but now I'm feeling great, so let's keep in tough this summer, maybe just do some unofficial challenges to motivate each other, and by all means, start this back up in September!
    Thanks everyone, who has been a part of this Challenge! Keep in touch!
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    I understand completely! Being that I just joined and don't want to lose momentum over the summer, I'm thinking of offering a Summer Camp Challenge. This would only be for June, July and August. Weekly activity itineraries. Anyone interested? This camp director would need camp counselors and CITs. Email me if interested. In the fall I'll GLADLY hand back control to the Don!

I am interested!! I love the activity part of the challenge (since my scale does not always cooperate but I can control what exercise I do)
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    No More Couch Potatos Summer Camp starts this Sunday. Camper Groups forming now. Join in the fun!
  • MissJen84
    MissJen84 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm thinking about starting a summer camp type group/challenge. It would include me posting 5 activities a week. 3 would get you a point, if you did all 5 you would get another point. Then we would weigh in weekly and earn points for that. would anyone be interested in joining or helping? you would just have to report weekly instead of daily, but I will always be available via email if you need a question or would like to chat :-)

I know the no more couch potato challenge has also spinned off this challenge and break but I was looking for something a little simpler. If your interested shoot me an email.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    BTW - GODFATHER...
    thanks again...I know I greatly benefited from this format...and look forward to September...