At 54 didn't know...

Options
dafoots0911
dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
I didn't know I would be lifting this much. I am loving this program because I am getting stronger. Never thought I would lift over one hundred on the deadlifts. I am in the first week of the program, 10 B and here are my results:

Squat: 90lbs 5x5 Never went over 75 until now.
OHP: 65/5 65/5 had to go down -- 60/3x5 Hubby was there to help me.

And now, wait for it....drumroll....D/L 115/4 115/5. My husband was there with me and when I did that first rep I almost quit and told my husband I couldn't do it. He told me to concentrate and look up ( I was looking down) and low and behold I pulled that bar.

Really like this program. I know it is going to get harder as the weight goes up but I am happy with my progress. Now if I can just get consistent on my diet, I'll be in great shape. Wanting to lose those last 15 pounds of fat, mostly belly. I do eat clean most of the time but when I eat dirty, it's bad. Working on that. Thanks for all your encouraging posts. Wish I had time to respond to all but I do read most and you are all inspiring.

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    You are doing great for any age!!! It sounds like you have a very supportive hubby to help you out. I'm sure you will keep improving on your lifts and surprise yourself even more!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You are doing great for any age!!! It sounds like you have a very supportive hubby to help you out. I'm sure you will keep improving on your lifts and surprise yourself even more!

^^That pretty much sums it up!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Good going, I really loved reading this!!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I'm younger than you and lift less than you !!
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing, keep up the good work!
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses. Will keep you posted in the May check-in. This is one of the most inspiring groups on MFP.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Amazing! I'm younger than you and lift less than you !!
    Ditto!! Lol
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    Good going, I really loved reading this!!
    Like. Thank you sooo much.
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I'm on it.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    You are doing great things, strong lady. It sounds like having your hubby there is psychologically boosting your lifts (this is what some people need a spotter for, not in case they fail, but to make sure they darn well finish the lift)...way to go and nice to have someone so supportive of your training. I love the confidence strength training gives me. The physical changes have been slow and steady, but the mental ones are huge and fast!
  • beacrys
    beacrys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Inspiring. I am also 54 and just started this week. I am weak yet, but your post gives me hope.
  • dafoots0911
    Options
    You got this. And you have come to the right group.
  • beacrys
    beacrys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You got this. And you have come to the right group.

Thx!! A month in now and I have just started adding weight. Feels so good.
  • ninakale
    ninakale Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic and inspiring. I can't wait to do a 65# OHP!

Congrats!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud!! You are awesome!