i dont understand what hapened i was doing so well

Options
hey there I am new to this group but am hoping I can connect with some people facing similar issues and offer my support too.

I am a recovering anorexic, I recovered to 160lbs I am 6ft tall and female.
I now weigh 140 lbs soon to be more after this horrid weekend of binging I have just had.

I honestly do not know what happened to me this weekend, I have been doing so well, eating healthy and exercising well and maintaining for a few weeks now even though everyone would like me to be 147lbs .

basically I binged and binged bad!!! since last night until tonight and I purged and I never purged for ages and ages but I did like 8 times which is aawful I know I am going to feel so ill tomorrow now.

I recently lost my nan and have a new stressful job.

looking for people to support and vice versa, to talk to through tough times, because I do no want to be ill again but I am dreading this gain from this 24 hour binge, I will be honestly heart broken.
xxx

Replies

• FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time and I hope it's gotten easier over the past few days. I can relate, I've been in recovery for 6.5 months and while it was very difficult, I hadn't had any major slip ups until the last month or so. It's all gotten a bit too much fir me and I'm trying to fight it and get better so I know where you're coming from. Feel free to add me if you wish xx
  • starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're struggling, but I would imagine that 140lbs is significantly under your set point and so by making yourself maintain there you will continue to have ed thoughts and to binge, because your body thinks it is still starving. The most important part of recovery to me is giving up controlling your weight and accepting your body how it is meant to be...