foot pain & relief

Options
BIRDIEBL8
BIRDIEBL8 Posts: 155 Member
Hello group. I'm a T2 & have never needed meds as I'm very careful what I eat, however my feet kill me. Sometimes when I get home from work the color is awful & they tingle & hurt soo bad. Yes I know I'm probally in trouble here- health wise- but don't currently have a dr. So my question is has anybody had any luck reversing this or atleast found something for a little relief? (Please forgive for posting this as I was just reading a similar topic that went south quick) I appricate all advice.

Replies

• k1200s
    k1200s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My tingling and pain got better as I monitored and adjusted my diet to balance my Blood Glucose readings.
    Are you doing finger sticks?

Please see your PCP or Endocrinologist regarding this.
  • racheljeanvickers
    Options
    Are you working out at all?

Circulation is very important!
  • BIRDIEBL8
    Options
    I haven't been checking my bg every time after I eat but frequently & I exercise regular.
    Hiking & cycling are my favs & I lift almost 1000lbs nightly at work. I used to walk or jog every day until the foot pain slowed me down. (I've lost about 30lbs so far)
    Thanks for your responses!
  • Darlekins
    Darlekins Posts: 44
    Options
    I took a look at your diary and your carb count is fairly high. How frequently to you check your blood sugar with a glucometer? What/when was your last A1c?

Diabetic neuropathy can be reversed by lowering blood glucose levels into the normal range. That means a fasting blood glucose reading of less than 100, post-prandial readings less than 140 and an A1c lower than 5.7

You really need to see a doctor to determine if it is actually diabetic neuropathy or something else. Spinal/back problems/sciatica can also cause foot and leg pain.
  • BIRDIEBL8
    Options
    Thanks, I have to find a new dr. & will start testing more regular. Will go back to keeping my carbs in the 40g per meal & 15 per snack. I've been so exhausted have let my guard down meal wise. My fasting bg this am was 96:)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    That fasting number is pretty good! If that's an average FBG and your post-parandial numbers (as Darlekins mentioned) are in the 120-140 range, it's probably something other than DN.

I have a terrible case of sciatica some years back that results in 2 herniated discs and some nerve damage and foot drop on my right side. The numbness and tingling in my leg and foot hung around for about 6 months and the foot drop took a year of physical therapy, so it would definitely be wise to check in with a physician.