Vacation Quandary

jesusHchris
jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
I was just given recognition at work that comes with a bonus - an all-inclusive luxury cruise for two from Istanbul to Athens, including airfare and some off ship activities. It is pretty awesome.

I'm single but was "dating" someone regularly until about 30 minutes ago. I invited her. That spurred an interesting conversation and now I am dating no one. That was definitely not an outcome I had foreseen, but such is life.

Anyway, I now have 8 days until I need to confirm the name of my guest. Should I go on a mad dating spree and just invite the first hot fun girl I meet? I really think it would be more enjoyable with a female companion for the week. The cruise is private - meaning it is only others from my company - so it's not like there will be any opportunity for me to meet someone there.

What would you do?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Did you "break up" because you invited her? Sorry, I'm nosy! You don't have to answer that.

If it was me, rather than invite the first man I could come across I'd invite a friend or family member. If there is really no one in those categories who I would then I would just go alone and hang with my coworkers/have a week of frigging me time because that would be great too.

Most women are going to think it is weird you're inviting them on a cruise when you've just met...even if it is totally legitimate.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    I agree with most women thinking it would be a weird date when you are just getting to know eachother. Do you have any girls that friend zoned you that you like? This would be a good oppurtunity to change that. Otherwise take if you have a good friend or brother or sister they would be the one I would invite to go along.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    I will step up and take one for the team. I understand that it is important for you and therefore, I'm in! :flowerforyou:
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    I volunteer!!! :flowerforyou: :blushing: :love:
  • Tube_socks
    Tube_socks Posts: 808 Member
    I'd take a friend.. ya never know, there might be another chick who just broke up with her bf and had to invite her super hot bff...

Or you can invite... ME.
  • jkandktmom
    I volunteer!!! :flowerforyou: :blushing: :love:

I volunteered first! First come, first serve! Plus you have a bf! :laugh:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Could get interesting. Maybe invite a female friend or someone you've known for a while, preferably one that's single and hot.

Other than that I think it would be pretty tough to find a lady to commit to a cruise with someone they've known for 8 days or less. But if you can pull that off, you're the man.
  • jesusHchris
    Did you "break up" because you invited her? Sorry, I'm nosy! You don't have to answer that.

We've been seeing each other for 3 months, sleep overs, not seeing anyone else, all that, so 7 days together didn't seem like such a wild stretch. She mentioned that she likes to go out and "get crazy" and because I've sort of moved on from that phase in my life that she doesn't see "us" going anywhere. Basically me not drinking, I'd like to think I'm still fun. Then a bunch of vague BS sort of baiting me to break it off, so I did. I'm not dishing out marriage proposals, but I'd rather spend my time with someone excited to be around me.

I think you guys are probably right about the 8 days being too little time. I'm sure I could find a girl to go, but it would basically be prostitution at this point. ;)
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    I don't think you would want someone you just met going with you, so I'd ask someone you already know... you don't want some chicks crazy coming out on your work trip.
  • poncho33
    Or a hooker... that could be fun!
  • jesusHchris
    I don't think you would want someone you just met going with you, so I'd ask someone you already know... you don't want some chicks crazy coming out on your work trip.

Yeah, I thought about that. Unfortunately, it's also the reason why I don't want any of my friends going. A hooker might actually be less of a risk than any of them. ;)
  • jkandktmom

Yeah, I thought about that. Unfortunately, it's also the reason why I don't want any of my friends going. A hooker might actually be less of a risk than any of them. ;)

I just want to say again... I'm not crazy... Well, let's say I know when to act crazy and when not to:love:
  • jesusHchris
    I just want to say again... I'm not crazy... Well, let's say I know when to act crazy and when not to:love:

How you doin'?

Sadly, Cedar Rapids is a little bit out of my dating circle. ;)
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Hmmm thats a tough one. I would say ask another girl friend or at least someone you have known for a while, maybe someone you have flirted with in the past.....You never know it could turning into something interesting! Good luck!
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Take someone you get along with that you trust (male or female). forget about getting laid. .you can do that anytime, anywhere. . It's a fantastic opportunity to see some amazing and interesting history. . . Take your mom!.

Or. . . Put it up for auction on the MFP forums here and see who makes the best offer. . Have a GIF tournament.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member

Grab a FWB and take em with you....Usually a FWB already knows the score with you and she plus you already know you can hang out with her without wanting to pitch her overboard..........
  • jesusHchris
    Grab a FWB and take em with you....Usually a FWB already knows the score with you and she plus you already know you can hang out with her without wanting to pitch her overboard..........

No FWBs in the picture.

I think I'm going to invite my mom or a coworker who didn't make the cut and save the banging for another time, like suggested above.

Later folks!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member

No FWBs in the picture.

I think I'm going to invite my mom or a coworker who didn't make the cut and save the banging for another time, like suggested above.

Later folks!

Awesome plan. :)
  • poncho33
    bringing mom is always a good plan.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    1 - Coworker: Most companies I've worked for don't allow this. You have to earn your invite (e.g. by meeting your sales quota, or whatever), and hence companies usually frown upon inviting people from within the company who weren't also formally invited. But if you can do this, sounds like a good option.

2 - Random girl you don't really know: A friend of mine did this once. Once. Turned into a disaster. He's a good looking guy, no prob getting women. He was around 32 at the time, brought a 24 year old girl. Very hot. She had previously dated the drummer in a well known band (not going to say the name), and had a child with him. Long story short, she more or less did what you'd expect a 24-year old ex-groupie to do. Which is fine for a night, but not when you're stuck with her for a week (or in that case, 4 days). Bottom line, it's a risk. Especially if she insults key people within your company, or (worse) their wives/husbands/girlfriends/etc.

3 - Guy friend: this is who my friend (mentioned above) invited to later award trips, usually a high school or college friend. They spent the time drinking together and picking up women, avoiding most of the formal company events. Worked well when we were in China, Turkey, Portugal, Brazil, etc. However, if you're stuck on a boat, might not be the best option. And you wouldn't want your bud sleeping with the wife of your boss, etc.

Good luck.

--P