Day 6: Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Day 7: Off

Check out this week's video from Shaun T: http://youtu.be/N1KMNfAlx_E

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Whoop roll on Week 4!

I'm definitely getting stronger, and what I'm quite pleased about is that despite eating a lot more than usual (as in aiming for more decent cals), on rest days, I dont eat as much and I'm not hungry for more. Tis quite reassuring that when Insanity finishes, 'normal' eating can commence, if we go back to doing less intensive exercise/regularity

Having said that, I'm planning on going through Insanity a couple more times in a row, with a rest week in between each month. Hopefully.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can't believe we are already almost through month 1!! We fricking rock!
    I love Shaun T's motivation, absolutely love it.
    I am finally seeing results in my muscles...the muscles on my shoulders are more defined and i can actually do an actual military push up! I could never do them before! I find that i have way more energy these days and although the scale doesn't show any changes my body does.
    I just filled out my calendar for recovery week and month 2 and i'm so super stoked!
    We got this y'all!!!!!
  • ekamaseca
    ekamaseca Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Into week four!!! Yay!!

Weight has gone up and down throughout the month but I am stronger and I see my body getting trimmer!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Oh man this morning Pure Cardio was tough...I was able to do the burpees/suicide jumps though so maybe it's getting better. It's tough when you're exhausted through the warm up

Do any of you hold back from 100% full energy at the beginning so you know you can carry on throughout? I find that I get to the end and do have a microcosm of energy left, because I was holding back a tiny bit. Yeah I know...you're all going to say to get on with it!
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Sorry I have not been on in a couple days. My son was sick over the weekend and then YUP I got it on Tuesday. UGH! Its a nasty stomach bug too. I attempted Power and Resistance today but could only do 2 of 3 sets. I still worked to my bodes ability even though I am not 100% in health yet. I just could not stand to miss another day of INSANITY.
    So that leads me to my tip for today. Believe in yourself. My #1 tip is not an exercise or nutrition tip. It's simply to believe in yourself and your ability to overcome whatever physical, mental, and emotional challenges you face. If you believe in yourself first, the rest will follow.
    Stay strong and know your limits!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Oh man this morning Pure Cardio was tough...I was able to do the burpees/suicide jumps though so maybe it's getting better. It's tough when you're exhausted through the warm up

Do any of you hold back from 100% full energy at the beginning so you know you can carry on throughout? I find that I get to the end and do have a microcosm of energy left, because I was holding back a tiny bit. Yeah I know...you're all going to say to get on with it!

I actually do more focus on my form and then try to increase speed with that focus, i've found it allows me to really feel the work i am doing at first and i get a better workout. So i guess yeah i don't give it my all, like Shaun T says, its about form not speed, so i do it that way and man what a difference! I would rather do 3 sets properly then 3 sets that are half good if you know what i mean. Like those dang hop squats and pushups.....i do 8 and 8 in my own time to ensure i am doing properly and then do it my way till he says stop....so what i can't get 3 sets in during that time, i know that at some point i will be able to and i will be able to do them properly throughout. Hope that helps.

Turbomoma, hope you feel 100% soon and good for you for trying to do the workout, we did power and resistance today and that is a tough tough workout, so good for you for attempting to complete fully.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Oh thats what I do too - hey, we listen to him properly! I'm glad to be backed up a little in my thinking, it's hard to know if you're doing the best thing possible.

I'm hoping to keep doing Insanity until December - I get married then and I know we'll be out walking mountains a lot and I wish to be so much fitter. Table Mountain in Cape Town last trip was tough, I had to stop every 3 stairs at one point. Insanity is making though climbin' muscles soooo much better

Hope your son and you both are feeling better Turbomama, it's hard doing anyting exerting when you''re weary let alone ill
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP WEEK 4 COMPELTE!!!

Roll on recovery week - I'm going to alternate this week's sessions with Tae Bo for a bit of variety, then back into Week 6! Hope you all are ready to roll too!
  • boberrymom
    Options
    Finished my last workout today! Woot woot! Now rest day tomorrow then recovery week!
  • ghsfitnesspal
    Options
    Woop well done! Rest day today...roll on Week 5 beginning. Time for a new Topic!