Refrigerating for later

Options
BeeMarieG
BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
I know it's best to drink your juice freshly made, but every now and then that won't work for me. (if I need to pack a lunch) I have read that you can pack it in an airtight container for a short period of time. What kinds of airtight containers do you all use, if you do this? And how airtight does it have to be, if that makes sense?

Replies

• jamierussell929
    jamierussell929 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use ball jars and I fill them as high as the will go..if I don't have enough juice to fill it I add a little water to the top.
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I used a Ball jar this morning, but there was a lot of room left at the top. I need to buy smaller canning jars.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have Rubbermaid bottles that I bought at Target which I really like.
    http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091201

Due to my schedule, I only use my juicer every other day, and I always make plenty for the time in between. I've never had a problem but I always put it in the fridge immediately. And there have been a few occasions that I've had the juice up to 3 days and it was still fine (although I don't know if any nutrients were lost).
  • mindyrunner
    Options
    i would suggest a dark flask, like a sigg and to fill it to the top to minimise oxidisation,
  • mindyrunner
    Options
    the enzymes start dying after 10 minuts, so important to refrigerate straiht away. you should get nutritial benefit for up to 8 hours without refridgeration.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    is it oxidation rather than change in temp that neutralises the enzymes?