Spring Into Summer Challenge! Who's in?!

Options
nre820
nre820 Posts: 77 Member
Hi guys!

So, I've been stuck in the 160s for the last few months... For the first 3 months of the year, I could not get my scale to move below 168-170 pounds.

Now, I am stuck between 164 and 166. While I am happy that I maintained, I know I still have some pounds to shed.

I had some health and life setbacks that kept me from being as active as I should be (seriously, I have been sick more in the last five months than I have been in my entire life!!!) and sucked the motivation out of me...but things are looking up and I am back to training....

I'd love to do a "spring into summer" challenge to get the ball rolling again... I also miss the support and motivation this group gave me when we first started.

If we started tomorrow, we'd be at July 12 after 50 days...

Anyone with me?

My goals:

After it became crystal clear that I would not be able to do a spring marathon, I have my eyes on a fall race. I want to be in peak running shape for my first full 26.2!

I want to be healthy! I am tired of being sick all the time!

I want to tone up. I admit, I'm not the best at strength-training and core work...but I am going to work on this.

I want to get out of the 160's...I want to this plateau to be gone! While I still want to be toned, I also know that I need to shed a few more pounds...

What are your goals?!

So... Here we go!

Replies

• nre820
    Options
    Today is the day!!! Check out the discussion forum for a fun Day 1 Challenge! I hope you'll join me!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Hey if just me and you I will do it with you. How do you want to do it?
  • nre820
    Options
    Two is always better than one!

I'm thinking weigh-in/check-in once a week. I updated the weigh-in post, too.

It doesn't have to be weight loss, I got some of the girls at work to join me in the "real world" and one of the girls has an overall goal to get off of some of her medications, or at least get closer to that goal. Another has a goal to be able to fit into her summer wardrobe sans the dreaded muffin-top.

Each week we'll set a personal mini-goal and post it on this thread. I'll also post some challenges every couple of days (today's was to try a new food!) to keep things interesting.

Here are the dates for the weigh-in/check-in:

~5/23/13: 166.8 this morning. My goal for the week is to get out of the door. Even if it's just going for a twenty minute walk at lunch-time, I want to spend more time being active. I'll let you know how I did on the 30.

5/30/13:
    6/6/13:
    6/13/13:
    +6/20/13:
    6/27/13:
    7/4/13:
    *7/12/13:

~First Weigh-In/Start of the 50 days!
    + Half-Way Mark
    *Final Weigh-In/End of the 50 days!

Thanks for joining!!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hey! count me in. when i joined this challenge it was awesome and i totally made some improvements. but i also had fallen off the wagon. i have been working my way back.

my weight is still somewhere between 300-310. still trying to get below 300 and stay there!