Small goals

Options
Need some advice on how to set some small goals. I am just beginning this journey after trying a number of times to lose. I totally would like to lose 60 lbs. but I know I can't look at it like that because it seems too overwelming! Do you set your small goals like for 2 weeks at a time or what works for all of you?

Replies

• Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Mini goals like the 30 day squat challenge or the 30 day push up challenge? They start off light and add 5 or so a day.
    I saw one that was walk 1 mile a day.

The May Challenge group did a challenge of 400 exercise calories burned a day one week. This week it's Dance exercise 3 days.
    The non exercise challenge is eat 2 fruit and 2 vegetables each day.

I don't know if that helps?
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I would start by trying to lose ten, then the next then the next and at every 5 lbs do something for yourself, after every ten maybe get a pedicure, massage, etc.

Even ten can be hard for me since I am on the last 11 lbs. I take life daily now and celebrate every good day.

One of my goals is to exercise no matter what I do every day, then if I miss one day its okay.

Another goal is to eat healthy and no processed crap. What ever works for you.
  • DystoniaGirl
    DystoniaGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I set myself monthly and daily goals. for example lost a minum of 4lb a month. My daily goals are to exercise every day, eat healthy and to avoid stimulants. I also celebrate all my achievements so that I keep feeling good xx
  • mrsowen2012
    mrsowen2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi.

When I first started up i was over 14 1/2 stone. So I have set myself the following goals:

14 1/2 stone - join a gym! (Which I did today! It's a place where you have both pleasure and pain!)

14 stone - buy a new top that fits and shows off my body well. Doesn't have to be expensive as hopefully it would soon be too big!!

And then.... 12 stone - long term goal is more an inspiration - my hubby said he would pay for me to go and get my hair professionally coloured (I currently do mine at home) a pampering and new me session and look

When I get to my 14 stone ill think of my next goal.

Good luck! X
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    LOL Looks like I had the right answer to the wrong question.
    I didn't have a scale when I started. ( didn't know hubby had it buried in the closet.)
    So I went by the feel of my clothes and the weigh in at my dr. appointments.
    When the clothes got too big, I bought new ones.... sorry I'm not a lot of help.