No Mayo Coleslaw with a Zip

Options
No Mayo Coleslaw NOMNOMNOM
3 cups shredded cabbage 1-2 cups shredded carrots, 1 jalapeno seeded and minced, 1 small hass avacado (ripe) 1/2 cup plain greec yogurt, 1 tbs lemon juice, 2 tbs rice vinegar, 1 tbsp honey, salt and pepper to taste. Puree sauce mixture in magic bullet, toss veggies, combine, allow to sit a couple hours in the fridge before eating it. ITS FRIGGIN GOOD!!!! and p.s. the vinegar and lemon juice keeps it from turning icky, it's nice an green.
now where is my bbq hot dog???

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Might try this without the yogurt. Sounds yummy and easy to make.
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    Might try this without the yogurt. Sounds yummy and easy to make.

that would work, it would be pretty avadoey lol just may need some water to thin it out a bit or try soy yogurt if you are dairy free :)
  • ceeci43
    ceeci43 Posts: 11
    Options
    Do you have the caloric breakdown for this?
  • laceylucas86
    laceylucas86 Posts: 120
    Options
    I divide the batch into 4 and this is what it looks like for me. Depends on how big you avacado is (if you are into weighing them out, I just pic a small one and log it as a medium) and how many cups for veggies you use. I used 3 cups cabbage, 2 cups carrots, i like the colour they add to it.
    Jalapeno No Mayo Coleslaw, 1 serving 116 calories, 11carbs, 5 fat, 4protein, 4 fiber, 6 calcium
  • Joydriven
    Joydriven Posts: 46
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Love the idea of subbing avocado for mayo! And, for nw since I'm following the Auto Immune Protocol, I'm going to try subbing the yogurt with coconut cream/milk and, sigh, still have to wait on the jalapeños but , even still, sounds like a great way to add veggies in. With a traditional salad turned GF.

Thanks for sharing.