Supply allocation for building up your base

Options
I don't know if anyone has posted this and I sure didn't find anything when I searched (of course, my criteria could have been off lol) so I'm going to post it anyways in case there are others who will find it useful.

I believe that I found a way use your supply allocations to get the most bang for your buck to build your base as fast as possible.

I've noticed that when I put the proper supply with the proper building, I build my base a lot faster. When I add the supply to an "other" building, the building doesn't level nearly as fast. Since I am an avid gamer and have to build the best base I can, I have been experimenting with the item allocation lol.

I noticed that it is color coded and have been allocating my supplies based on that. Here is how I've been allocating my points:

Blue: Comm
Red: Armoury
Yellow: Housing
Orange: Food
Grey: Recreation
Hospital: Green

Has anyone else discovered this or am I off?

Replies

• jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    i noticed something like that, but didn't take the time to discover the coding. Thanks!
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. It felt so wrong to aimlessly allocate my spoils, and I noticed that sections do not get built up as quickly if they are out of place. I wish they gave more guidelines regarding this.
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. It felt so wrong to aimlessly allocate my spoils, and I noticed that sections do not get built up as quickly if they are out of place. I wish they gave more guidelines regarding this.

Yes, there needs to me more of a "how to play" portion to their website. :) It feels like you kinda flounder around a bit.
  • smgasch
    smgasch Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I don't know if I would have ever figured that out!
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank you! I was already kind of doing this, just because I'm OCD like that. I didn't notice that it gave more of a boost, I just put things where they seemed to make sense. But this is nice to know, for those things that I wasn't sure of. Like batteries, for example, could really go anywhere except food.

I think they make it that way so you don't feel you have to put certain things in certain places. Some people would want to build up one section or another because that's what they thought was most important. I like it this way, gives us options.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank you! I was already kind of doing this, just because I'm OCD like that. I didn't notice that it gave more of a boost, I just put things where they seemed to make sense. But this is nice to know, for those things that I wasn't sure of. Like batteries, for example, could really go anywhere except food.

Putting things where they kind of made sense is what I've been doing, but this is awesome - thank you!!
  • Tricialew32
    Tricialew32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I noticed early on that some items seemed to count for more in certain areas but it never occurred to me that they were color coded. This is brilliant! Thanks!
  • dragon1ady
    dragon1ady Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO MUCH!!! I was desperately trying to find a guide to this online! As a gamer myself it drove me NUTS that there was no obvious way to optimize the way I allocated supplies to my base. I feel much better now.

Thank you again! :)
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options
    Dumb question... How do you allocate things to a base?
  • JudyHarris616
    JudyHarris616 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great Info! Just started and felt I was missing something! Thanks!
  • gal_amy
    gal_amy Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has posted this and I sure didn't find anything when I searched (of course, my criteria could have been off lol) so I'm going to post it anyways in case there are others who will find it useful.
    Blue: Comm
    Red: Armoury
    Yellow: Housing
    Orange: Food
    Grey: Recreation
    Hospital: Green
    Has anyone else discovered this or am I off?

Just read this. I didn't even know about the allocation featrue.

Thanks
    Amy

(I finally read the instructions)
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Dumb question... How do you allocate things to a base?

Tap and hold one of the supplies, drag it to the building you want to allocate it to, let go. It should now drop into teh building, vanish from the bar at the bottom, and count towards leveling up that house.
  • anwest20
    anwest20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I know this post is kind of old but I place my supplies in the right building but the level bar never moves. Its like all my building are still on level 0. How long does it take to start leveling up? Im on level 5.
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    You may just want to upgrade to Season 2. Since S2 came out, the old base building system has been turned off, so no matter how hard you try, you'll never be able to continue with your old base. Season 1 is still available after the upgrade and you get materials and supplies you can use in the new base builder.
  • psuhorseshoe
    psuhorseshoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So I have been trying to organize my supplies for the last hour or so and have turned into a frustrated grumpus.

I am doing season 1 missions but I have a season 2 base and I upgrade my base from my phone. I have tried for about 20 minutes to figure out how to even upgrade the base from my computer and it would not let me. Is there a way to make upgrades from the ZombieLink website after I already selected my phone to be the primary mode for base building?

Then how do I organize my materials on the phone or Zombielink? I feel like I have been clicking and holding down on every supply on the phone and website frantically trying to get an option to organize, but nothing has helped.

Was the organization only for the the season 1 base?
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    Yes. The allocation list in the first post in this thread applies only to Season 1.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the allocation too. I had to get a new phone, cause im a dink and dropped mine on concrete and cracked the poo outa it, so started the missions over. Im picking up boat loads of stuff from season 1 runs, but cant find a place to allocate them. Do they just sit there in a virtual 'lost and found box' and ill never be able to allocate them? do i not get to allocate stuff till i get to season 2?
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I'm still on Season 1, and I am working on my base, building by building. Once you've upgraded the app to the most recent version, you're forced to use the Season 2 base builder, but it works perfectly fine with Season one resources.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    hmm, it doesnt show up where i can allocate any of my season 1 stuff i picked up, Ive got packs of underwear just sitting here begging to be used. Does it show up as a drop down if you do your base online like in season 1? or is there a place in the app where i can allocate them to my base? when i caall up my base online or on the phone, it doesnt show any items or even a drop down/place where stuff would be to allocate them.

edit, i looked at my base on the phone, and i see where i can click each bldg and upgrade them. is that how it works now? you dont use items you pick up to upgrade but upgrade bldgs instead? if that's the case, then i get it now
  • dragon1ady
    Options
    I have not been able to do anything at all to my base from Zombie Link. I use the app on my phone.

If you are using Zombies, Run! 2, Base is one of the options in the menu on the left. Once there, tap "new building" and you get a list of what is available to build and what the cost of each new structure is.