Newbie's and Veterans

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Hello!! :) I am new at running again and am really excited to start training for my first ever race event later this year. I'll be doing the Warrior Dash in September, and the Zombie run in October, as well as my Tough Mudder. But I just getting back into the groove of running again. Insanity has really helped my endurance since I hadn't been a runner since like...2006.

Anyway, have you run many races? Any obstacle races? Will this be your first Tough Mudder?

I look forward to getting to know more people training for this awesome event!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• oumick03
    oumick03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to running :-)

I have been running since 2009....I've done four half marathons, a bunch of 5Ks, and I think 4ish 10Ks.....So, I've got the running part down (well, I have NOT been training well)....I've done 2 warrior dashes...but, the obstacles are not even comparable .... so I'm super nervous.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I've been running since probably 2008, I've done a bunch of 5Ks, my first 10K is this August and I have an 8K in October. Doing my first Tough Mudder in September, and hopefully my second in Spring 2014 with my fiance!
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie too. Just started doing my 5k training - then up to 10k.

Signed up for TM in October but also doing a colour run (July), Warior Dash (spetember) and a 10k Zombie Run at the end of October.

Running 3 nights a week - gym with both cardio and strength 3 other nights plus session with a PT who is going through tM training with me.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Welcome you guys!! :)

@oumick - Sounds like you are on your way already having all those races down...that's so great! Don't be nervous though. When is your race? Have yous tarted doing any HIIT or Plyo type training yet?

@futuremrsdavie - You have aline-up of races coming up this year, how exciting!

@flab2fitfi - Love your training schedule! I will be doing a run 4 nights a week per the schedule I posted along with finishing up insanity which will take care of my HIIT/Plyo training to help with obstacle stuff. I will be starting Les Mills Combat June 9th, and after that I'm not sure what I will cross train with yet.
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    Glad I just found this group...woot woot!

I have Tough Mudder in 1 month :):)

I did my first tough mudder last year in Ohio and this year they made one for Michigan...yayyyy!!!

I love running even though my knees don't love it as much. But...I try not to run more than 3 consecutive days in a row just to let my knees rest and if I'm running more than 3 miles I put on my knee brace which helps a ton!

I've participated in a few 1/2 marathons, some 10ks and 5ks as well as some duathlons along with 1 triathlon. I want to get more into traithlons but the swimming part is killing me. I am soooooooooooo slow. I'll eventually get into it more when I have more time and better hours at the pool :)

I'm about to start another 1/2 marathon training plan and this one is to run it in under 2 hours. My last one was 2 hrs and 19 minutes and that was almost a year ago. 19 minutes is a lot to cut off but I think with dedication that I can get it. There's a few 1/2 that I'm debating between to sign up but either way it'll be in September or October so I can have a good amount of time to train.

I've been doing Insanity and I've noticed it's really helped my running. I'm on week 6 of it so almost done and once I am done I will either just keep running and head back to the gym or I'll start another DVD workout series...I just can't decide which one.

I look forward to being in this group!! :)

If anybody has questions about tough mudder feel free to ask me! :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Glad I just found this group...woot woot!

I have Tough Mudder in 1 month :):)

I did my first tough mudder last year in Ohio and this year they made one for Michigan...yayyyy!!!

I love running even though my knees don't love it as much. But...I try not to run more than 3 consecutive days in a row just to let my knees rest and if I'm running more than 3 miles I put on my knee brace which helps a ton!

I've participated in a few 1/2 marathons, some 10ks and 5ks as well as some duathlons along with 1 triathlon. I want to get more into traithlons but the swimming part is killing me. I am soooooooooooo slow. I'll eventually get into it more when I have more time and better hours at the pool :)

I'm about to start another 1/2 marathon training plan and this one is to run it in under 2 hours. My last one was 2 hrs and 19 minutes and that was almost a year ago. 19 minutes is a lot to cut off but I think with dedication that I can get it. There's a few 1/2 that I'm debating between to sign up but either way it'll be in September or October so I can have a good amount of time to train.

I've been doing Insanity and I've noticed it's really helped my running. I'm on week 6 of it so almost done and once I am done I will either just keep running and head back to the gym or I'll start another DVD workout series...I just can't decide which one.

I look forward to being in this group!! :)

If anybody has questions about tough mudder feel free to ask me! :)

Awesome Kels I'm so glad you found us! :) Sounds like you have a game plan and I didnt know you've done so much running. What an accomplishment