Hip Soreness

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Well, my "official" training hasn't really started yet, but I did go for a run at the gym yesterday. I had every intention of running 3 miles (even if I had to walk some of it :wink: ) and I ended up running 5 before my legs were starting to tell me it was enough. This morning, the muscles on the outside of my hips are really sore!! I did stretch after running, even stretched where it is sore.

Does anyone else get sore there after a long run? Any tips?

Replies

• oumick03
    oumick03 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes - I definitely get sore. And you HAVE to stretch after! For hips, I like the invisible chair stretch. Cross one leg over the other (putting your left foot on your right knee and vice versa) and sit like you are in a chair (you may need to hold on to something). The deeper you sit, the more you stretch.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    Hey, I ran yesterday too! I haven no real stretching advice but that's awesome that you went for it! I did 8KM on a backwoods trail.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Yes - I definitely get sore. And you HAVE to stretch after! For hips, I like the invisible chair stretch. Cross one leg over the other (putting your left foot on your right knee and vice versa) and sit like you are in a chair (you may need to hold on to something). The deeper you sit, the more you stretch.

I love that stretch! :) I have been doing that randomly throughout the day to loosen them up
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Hey, I ran yesterday too! I haven no real stretching advice but that's awesome that you went for it! I did 8KM on a backwoods trail.

Trail running..how much more fun that sounds than on a treadmill haha