Wilsons Prom

Any of you MFP'ers in Australia interested in a Wilsons Prom hike?

Replies

• GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Hell to the yes! I haven't been there in about 18 years.
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Count me in! :smile:
  • danekin
    danekin Posts: 21
    Summer or winter? Is everyone geared up for overnights?
  • GenF32
    Summer or winter? Is everyone geared up for overnights?

Yup, can do an overnight (although will have to consult my boyfriend about the best way to carry the tent because I haven't done it before), and don't mind what season. I guess maybe spring would be easier when it's not quite so cold.
  • danekin
    You'd be bringing your boyfriend yeah? What size tent is it?
  • GenF32

I'll certainly try to bring him, depending on his schedule. He loves camping. I think it's a 6 person tent - a dome, so we might need to borrow something smaller and easier to carry.
  • danekin

I'll certainly try to bring him, depending on his schedule. He loves camping. I think it's a 6 person tent - a dome, so we might need to borrow something smaller and easier to carry.

You probably don't want to carry that sized tent on a 20km hike. Perhaps something under 1kg would be better. If you bring your boyfriend then you can get a 2kg tent and split it up between the two of you.
  • danekin
    ^^ Okay still learning how to respond in here with the quoting and all.
  • GenF32
    Ok good advice, thanks Dan. I'm more of a 'glamper' than a camper, to be honest.
  • danekin
    Ok good advice, thanks Dan. I'm more of a 'glamper' than a camper, to be honest.

So you'd be looking at camping with a few day hikes?
    I think we are planning a Wilsons Prom camping trip as well. Camping is air mattresses and bacon and eggs in the morning.
    The hike is, fully everything you need on your back hike for 20km then camp overnight or 2 nights, then everything back on your back for the next location.
  • GenF32
    Sorry, forgot to come back to this. Usually I'd go for camping with day hikes, but also keen for a challenge such as carrying everything on my back.