What keeps you motivated?

Options
DystoniaGirl
DystoniaGirl Posts: 96 Member
I'm intrested to hear what keeps you guys motivated?

For me its knowing that my personal trainer will expect me to have lost another 1lb by the time i next seem him.
I also find working out whilst watching 8 out of 10 cats keeps my mind off how long iv actually been working out for and i end up doing longer than I intended.

Do you guys have a fitness buddy?
Would you find me creating a thread where we could find a buddy to motivate you helpful?

Replies

• infiniteanon
    Options
    I wish I could say my husband, but I find he always seems to sabotage my weigh loss goals by buying me unhealthy snacks (I currently have a cheese danish in the kitchen).

Motivations:

* Seeing that I have maintained an overall weight-loss of around 13 lbs. Some feel discouraged when they stop losing weight, but I find it invigorating to know I am not hovering near my heaviest weight, which was 163 lbs.

* Stepping on the scale and seeing that I have maintained or lost 1 pound. I lose and gain that 1 lb all week, every week.
    I am hoping this forum and some exercise will change that. I am no longer at the point where diet alone will see the pounds come off.

* Fitting more comfortably into my clothing.

I think that any steps you take as a Moderator for this forum can and will contribute to someone's well being and weight loss goals. Even if you post a thread for weight loss buddy systems and only 2 people participate, it is 2 lives that have been changed for the better.
  • breadedshrimp
    Options
    It keeps my mind off suicidal thoughts because I get to look forward to my weight loss.
  • DystoniaGirl
    DystoniaGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    As I said in my message il help you. Try and focus on this though xx
  • mrsowen2012
    mrsowen2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My main motivation is not for today, but for the future. I want to be fit and healthy for my children - when i have them. My sister is also getting married next year and she is putting me in an awful dress. And i want to be slimmer and fitter than her!

This past week I have started up couch 2 5k. And every time I struggle through the 'running' parts I imagine my life in a few years. My hubby is also a great motivator for me. If I struggle to get up and go to the gym or want to eat the wrong thing he reminds me why we are doing this!

Major step back today though, we went to the cinema - we hardly ever go - and I ate far too much but thank goodness for my hubby pushing me at the gym this morning!

If you want motivation, add me I like to leave motivational messages! If it wasn't for support we would all be broken bridges!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I walk with my 14yo daughter. She is like a little energizer bunny... She keeps going and going and going.... LOL

I found a couple of apps to track my progress on the Squat and Push-up challenges.

My Ticker shows just how far I've gone in the last year. I don't want to be that person again. I wake up each day thinking about what I'm going to get out and do each day........However I'm currently on the computer trying to motivate the family to get off their tush and get out of the house.
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    things that keep me motivated
    -the feeling that working out gives you, where you look great and feel great.
    -fitting into smaller clothes
    -seeing other fit people
    -being able to do races
    -looking good :)
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I see from other MFPers that weight loss is not always linear.

This realization helps me to keep going whenever I'm at a plateau, or as I've been the last several months, whenever I'm bouncing around the same 5 lb.
  • txgonzo
    txgonzo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1. Increase my self esteem (this is what got me started, and turning 30...). I want cute clothes and for guys to notice me.
    2. I have dog that needs to get her energy out. She is my little walking/running coach.
    3. Stress reliever. I need something to get away from the stress of graduate school and the insane world my adviser creates.

I set small goals to keep my going:
    1. a nice outfit if I can get to ---- weight
    2. Enter 5k races. I enter one with a goal in mind (ex. run 25%) and work on that till the race. Then, when that race is over, I access how I did and do another race/goal.