Two pound Tuesdays

Options
blam
blam Posts: 110
My goal is to lose two pounds per week. Weigh in day is Tuesday (tomorrow).

By doing it one week at a time, I'm hoping to stay motivated and on track. By making it two pounds, I'm hoping it is achievable and healthy.

Risk for all major health concerns in North America (heart disease, diabetes, stroke, dementia, kidney disease) can be significantly reduced by healthy eating and an active lifestyle. I want to prevent these illnesses, my knees are already sending me messages, it's time to do something.

Join me and let's do this!

Replies

• I think I can lose this I'll v try :heart:
  • blam
    Options
    Awesome!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    2lbs sounds great!
    I am going to weigh-in the morning (Tuesday) to note the starting weight. Let us do it!

I am following Lyn Genet's The Plan for food intake and planning of working out 5X/week to achieve the 2lbs goal this week.
    Cheers to 2lb Tuesdays!
  • blam
    Options
    I'm planning to post my weight in the morning - am feeling good about this group :) thanks for joining.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! This is my goal too plus my weigh in day is Tuesday! I'm glad I found this new group :smile: I excercise 6 times a week and I changed my eating habits to eat better, not just eat less crap food. My days are filled with veggies and proteins, yogourts, a bit of fruits. Not many carbs for now. I've been on this journey for the past 3 months plus one week. I haven't lost two pounds every week but this is a great way to challenge myself. Let's do this!
  • susan25029
    susan25029 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in New Zealand so its already Tuesday, weighed in this morning, looking forward to losing 2 pounds this week :)
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! Sounds great and motivating!

Are you creating a weigh in thread each Tuesday?
  • blam
    Options
    Perfect! Looks like you're well on your way. Hopefully you can share some tips with us :)
  • blam
    Options
    I'll put up a new post every Tuesday - we can see what works as we go along.

Looking forward to getting started - Susan25029 has a head start!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! I'm in
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Lol! I'll be posting my weight tomorrow morning! Its 23:26 here and Monday night :) I'm in Québec, Canada.
  • ptxfan
    ptxfan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    uhhh...is it possible to lose 2 pounds in 1 week? i hope, i wish.... okay...we'll see next week when I weigh-in..
  • blam
    Options
    we can only try!

Thanks for joining - the more the merrier :smile:
  • vburnett
    vburnett Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Group! Congrats to y'all who are already off to such a great start! Hopefully you can inspire the rest of us! I'm looking forward to shedding a few pounds this summer and look forward to weighing in with ya'll! (Yes, I'm from the Southern United States!) :-)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Hoping to do this myself. My boyfriend lives in another country and I wont be seeing him til August! Hoping this will be motivate me to be accountable. Lost a lil over 2 lbs last week! Wanna keep it rolllin'! :) Please add! Looking for accountability! :)
  • blam
    Options
    Great to see more people joining in! We can all hold each other accountable . . . I'll be watching for your posts and reports. Together we can do this :)
  • courtneymorgan1991
    Options
    Hi Guys just joined this group. I've got 17lbs i need to lose and hopefully this group will help me stay focused!
  • bootilicious
    bootilicious Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Current weight 162.4.
    Next stop 160.4. See you next weeeeeeeeeeeeek!
  • prayaas
    prayaas Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi !! I have joined MFP last week and my weigh-in day is Tuesday. I have lost 2 pounds over the last week & I noticed this group which seems perfect. Hope we all achieve our goals :smile:
  • kejones0402
    kejones0402 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi, I am in the UK and will be up for the TPT challenge with you all. Is the basic premise to post your weight every Tuesday and support each other through the week?

Thanks
    K :)

CW 140lbs

TW 126lbs