Am I doing this right?

liyah1094
liyah1094 Posts: 3 Member
I'm really confused on whether or not I'm doing this the right way.
On Saturday I decided to sit down and figure out my nutrient and calorie requirements so I can lose weight the healthy way. I recently started started to workout regularly and I'm so confused about the net calories and whether or not I eat back the calories I burned. I was eating 1803 calories a day and recently started burning 500-700 calories a day.
I just followed the advice on one of the sticky posts and used the scooby calculator and these are my numbers:
BMR 1901
TDEE 2946
Cut Calories 2357 (at 20%) This seems like a big number for weight loss.
I used the moderate activity setting because I've been doing 45 minutes of Zumba 6 days a week. Am I supposed to track the calories burned?
Any help or advice is appreciated immensely:)

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    6 x .75 = 4.5 hrs, Moderately Active sounds right.

2357 seems big compared to what exactly? 1800 without exercise (you said recently started burning 500-700 daily)

You just included your exercise in an activity level, and took a deficit - you would NOT eat the back.

If you miss a workout, skip 100 calories that day.

To lose weight you must merely eat less than what you burn daily. If your energy requirements just for sleeping are 1900, and all your other daily activities and exercise makes it almost 3000, then doesn't about 2300 sound pretty good then?
  • liyah1094
    liyah1094 Posts: 3 Member
    Now I get it. At first I thought that your BMR was everything you did in a day. Thanks so much for making it easy to understand .