WANTED: [directly] pre comp / photo diet tips

Options
karrielynn80
karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
Okay, so i haven't decided to compete as of yet. but i try to keep myself in low the lower bf range, in case i decide to.

i have however, scheduled some photos in approx 3 wks.

i am curious if there is anything specific you girls do directly PRE comp to get urself show ready?
as it stands, here is my plans:

*I'll have my tan on :D
*i plan on exfoliating 2x a wk starting next wk (2 wks before)
*i plan on dropping my sodium from [now] approx 2200-2500g to 2000 or lower (eating tons of fresh foods)
*dehydrating -
here i'm curious about specifically, i've heard some do it a few days before hand & some as much as a wk beforehand - what's ur thoughts?
*lasty, OIL lol, i plan on using some type of baby oil to lightly rub on. . . any other tips or any suggestions you expierenced ladies have would be great! :)

Replies

• karrielynn80
    Options
    bump :D
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Just prior to my last show, I did a photo shoot (show on Saturday, shoot on Tuesday). I didn't dehydrate for my shoot, but I don't dehydrate to the extreme of some because I end up looking depleted at my show. It's something I've struggled with at every show.

As far as oil goes, I know for my shoot they used some sort of Neutrogena body oil. It made my skin look nice without looking too shiny.

For my shoot, I just did the standard Versa tan and saved my competition tan for my show. I'm happy with how it turned out in photos.

One tip, remove all body hair, even if you're blond. I have super light hair on my arms but I shave it all off for my shows and for photo shoots. I find that if you don't, the light almost creates a "halo" effect on you, and I personally don't like the look of that. It's personal preference, but I always shave/wax my entire body for this.
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    How much you need to "peak" for a photoshoot depends on the look you are going for too. If super shredded is the look, then you may need to peak as if you are doing a competition. If it is "this girl is healthy, and works out; check out that 6 pack", then you peak probably won't have to be as extreme.
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    I want my skin to "suck" in enough for my abs & lower body to appear a lil more leaner. but not "figure" comp. i got a sample meal plan from a competetor friend which has me first depleting water from 1.5gal (5 days out) down to 1/8 gal the day before, having VERY minimal carbs on days 4&5 and then progressively going from 350g of carbs on day 3 (mainly brown rice) > 150g of carbs on day 1.

her suggestion for photo shoot day is pancakes & red wine (4 oz) for breakfast LOL :D ... i assume if i start feeling i looke "too" lean i can adjust my water levels... can any of you confirm that? Also, she recommened PAM as an "oil"...
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I can confirm PAM as an oil!