Can someone tell me if I have this right?

Options
barbcouperus
barbcouperus Posts: 49 Member
Hi all,
Apologies in advance if this is long!

I've just ordered the New Rules for Lifting for Women and I'm excited to start on the program, along with the EM2WL philosophy. I've been plateaued for YEARS and I'm hoping this will help, in the past, I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds so often, I can't keep track!
So, after reading a lot of the boards here, I've entered my info on the Scooby website and got the following numbers:
BMR 1671
TDEE 2590
CUT 2201 (@15%)
I do have a desk job, but I plan to workout 5 days a week, so I entered moderate activity.

I've decided on this workout schedule (I'm not new to exercise, just new to more weight training versus cardio):
MONDAY - weight training
TUESDAY - spinning in the AM, kickboxing PM (my husband teaches the class, so I have to go!)
WEDNESDAY - weight training
THURSDAY - spinning
FRIDAY - weight training
I'll leave Saturdays and Sundays as rest days.
Now, what has me confused...do I eat my exercise calories burned or no? I see people have mentioned enter all your workouts as 1 calorie so it doesn't mess up your overall total, but wouldn't that make it difficult to know if you've hit your net numbers for the day?

If it helps, I am 5'9", 38 years old, female.

thanks everyone.

Replies

• skrentz
    skrentz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I believe you can enter them, or enter them as zero, really up to you....BUT your cut includes your workouts, and you will see your net calories on MFP either way. You should only eat back your calories as you have them set if you burn so many it nets you below BMR.
  • fluffykitsune
    fluffykitsune Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    When eating TDEE you don't eat back exercise calories because they're already worked in. :smile:
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Correct you don't eat back cals when using tdee method, just enter 1. But also make sure that your burn doesn't bring you below your bmr. But please remember that when using scooby don't only consider the workouts you do. Take into account your daily activity too. For me personally I go up at least one nearly two levels on top of just exercise because of my daily activity.

I see you spin too, I love my spin, I'm totally addicted :)
  • barbcouperus
    barbcouperus Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Correct you don't eat back cals when using tdee method, just enter 1. But also make sure that your burn doesn't bring you below your bmr. But please remember that when using scooby don't only consider the workouts you do. Take into account your daily activity too. For me personally I go up at least one nearly two levels on top of just exercise because of my daily activity.

I see you spin too, I love my spin, I'm totally addicted :)
    I just started spinning a few weeks ago and LOVE it. Can you have a look at my diary for today (this is a high burn day for me). I've entered all the food I had planned to eat today. These are all my meals and snacks and pre-workout food. I'm netting 1082, so I should still find another approximately 600 cals to squeeze in there somewhere to make sure I get up to my BMR in the NET category?? sorry for the repeat question, but I really want to make sure I'm doing this right!
    My daily activity isn't too strenous, desk job, so I'm sitting most of the day, not sure that would do much to changing my level?other than light housework, cooking, laundry etc.
    thanks.