Weekly Check-In May 26 through June 1

Options
wl4good
wl4good Posts: 49 Member
Hello All:)

Sorry I'm late getting this up. Holiday got in my way. Can you believe we're going into June? The summer season is upon us. How's everyone doing with their progress in the program?

Replies

• pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am so not ready for June...baseball tourneys, all star try outs, a 13 year old b-day, end of school, a new puppy...yikes!

I started week 8 on Monday--am feeling conflicted. While on one hand I am eager to finish DVDs 7 and 8 (just really didn't like these) I loved Cardio 2 and am a bit apprehensive about Phase III.

While June is cold here (Seattle area) I know bathing suit weather is just around the corner so I want to really nail this last month.
  • jennbme24
    jennbme24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Last week was not a good week at all. But still managed to loose 3 lbs. I was really proud of myself considering all the food that was there and the choices I had to make. I didnt make all the right choices but I thought about everything before I ate it and that helped me know that I really did not need it. I was on week 5 last week but being sick for 2 days and then out of town 3 I only got 3 workouts in. So I am going to restart week 5 today and push it!! Being in a bathing suit this weekend made me want it that much more!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am on workouts 7 & 8. I hate workout 7 sooooo much, I can't wait to move on next week!

Still no scale loss. The first month, I lost 4 inches and 3% body fat. But I've been at a standstill the past 3 weeks. I've had some bad food/drink weekends with family/friends, so I'm sure that's probably why. Going to push myself and be good this next 3 weeks until my birthday!
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Last day of workout 7--I hate this one too. Only 2 more workouts and I am done with week 8.
    Lost 1 lb this week--so I've lost a total of 6.8 lbs in 8 weeks--I can tell when I stray from the calorie plan that's for sure.
    I will measure again this weekend..hoping for some upper thigh loss.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am so not ready for June...baseball tourneys, all star try outs, a 13 year old b-day, end of school, a new puppy...yikes!

I started week 8 on Monday--am feeling conflicted. While on one hand I am eager to finish DVDs 7 and 8 (just really didn't like these) I loved Cardio 2 and am a bit apprehensive about Phase III.

While June is cold here (Seattle area) I know bathing suit weather is just around the corner so I want to really nail this last month.

Don't worry about phase 3 - REALLY!!!! The cardio kicks butt except that it is only 30 second moves so it is like you are done before you know it and I honestly thought that workout 7 was the hardest of the whole thing! PUSH ON!!!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Just finishing up the last of week two today and tomorrow! The week 1 & 2 DVDs were not quite challenging enough, so I'm very much looking forward to weeks 3 & 4! Cannot wait to see some results!!! :0)
  • gfit123
    gfit123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Phase 2 this week. No one has said anything about workouts 5 and 6 so I'm assuming I'll be able to tackle them without too much complaining. I did the "advanced" moves in Cardio 1 today and I can tell I have come a long way. Woo hoo!! I feel much fitter all over. So far have lost 7.4lbs and 3.5% body fat. Not sure why my ticker only shows 6lbs???!!
  • baytreemc
    baytreemc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5...love this program! Phase 1 results: lost 4 pds and 9.5 inches... 2 from my waist. Feeling stronger already!
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    My knee swelled up really bad after doing the 2nd time 'round w/workout 1. Aggravated by all the squats and lunges :(

The Dr says I have kneecap arthritis and patellar tracking disorder. Gave me a brace that keeps my kneecap in place and I start Physical Therapy tomorrow.

He gave me a handout with some exercises I can do, so once the swelling finally went down I started over at Workout 1 with the brace on and I'm substituting PT exercises for the squats and lunges, and modifying some of the moves so I dont do all the bendy twisty things. I basically change everything that even potentially hurts, but I'm doing *something* in it's place.

Still felt like I got a good workout, so I'm gonna do workout 2 today and consider myself back on the plan (unless the physical therapist tells me not to do it tomorrow!)