Beginner!

happyjacdolan
happyjacdolan Posts: 12 Member
I just got my book. Can't wait to start!!! And newbie advice???

Replies

• jkbear40
    jkbear40 Posts: 37 Member
    Take your time reading the book. Lots of useful information. There is a lot of info in this group. I have read through some threads and have been able to get the motivation and answers I needed. I couldn't do a prone jackknife but I stuck with it. I wasn't the only one having trouble.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    I am new too. I think where the confusion lies for me is the Stage 1 workout. I'm not following. For example:

Workout A:

Squats
    Workout 1
    Workout 2
    Workout 3
    Workout 4

Am I supposed to do different variations of the squat for workout 1-4? So a total of 2 sets, 15 reps of different squats for each workout? Making it a total of 8 sets for A? Or is it one version of the squat for 8 sets? Or does each workout represent different weights?

The same applies for B1. The same pushup for 8 sets?

I'm sure this question has been posed, and I feel like a total noob for asking. Just want to make sure I'm doing this properly.

Thanks for the help, and my apologies for the repetitive question.
  • Delll2013
    Delll2013 Posts: 73
    I just got my book. Can't wait to start!!! And newbie advice???

Newbie here as well. I'm starting tonight :D
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Beginner here too. I am still reading the book, and this weekend, I will complete my 2nd half marathon. As excited as I am for the race, I am beginning to feel burnt out with running. I am ready to learn more about weights and focus on strength training.

We.Can.Do.This :)
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    I am new too. I think where the confusion lies for me is the Stage 1 workout. I'm not following. For example:

Workout A:

Squats
    Workout 1
    Workout 2
    Workout 3
    Workout 4

Am I supposed to do different variations of the squat for workout 1-4? So a total of 2 sets, 15 reps of different squats for each workout? Making it a total of 8 sets for A? Or is it one version of the squat for 8 sets? Or does each workout represent different weights?

The same applies for B1. The same pushup for 8 sets?

I'm sure this question has been posed, and I feel like a total noob for asking. Just want to make sure I'm doing this properly.

Thanks for the help, and my apologies for the repetitive question.

take a look at the "getting started" thread.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    yaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! your book finally came!!!!!!!! so excited for you to get started, jac jac!