What does 1200 calories look like?

Tameda30
Tameda30 Posts: 11 Member
Hi,
I'm looking to add some friends who log their meals and eat between 1200-1500 calories a day. I am struggling to figure out what types of meals I should be eating to stay within that range. Any suggestions or tips would be great!!

Replies

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    I aim for ~ 1300-1400 cals a day on days that I don't work out. My day typically breaks down like this

Breakfast- Bagel thin with Almond butter, coffee with 1 tbsp half and half and 1 splenda ~250 cals
    morning snack- Greek yogurt ~150 cals
    Lunch- Either a salad with chicken (or other protein) or sandwich ~250-300 cals
    afternoon snacks- fruit, nuts, crackers and cheese, vegetables (depends on dinner planned) 100-200 cals
    Dinner- Consists of a protein and vege, sometimes a starch too depending on the day. I try to stay between 350-500 cals some favorites are stir fry, grilled chicken with roasted sweet potato, fish and asparagus. We cook at home at least 6 nights a week.
    Evening snack- If I still have cals left to get to 1200 I will have a snack around 7-7:30. Usually rice crackers and cheese or hummus, vege and dip, fruit, or if I have a lot of calories left, rice krispies and milk.

I am starting to try to replace breakfast with a higher protein lower carb alternative but I don't have time to cook in the morning,

feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends
  • Christinamarie77
    Christinamarie77 Posts: 50 Member
    I basically replaced all white carbs (potatoes, pasta, rice and bread) with whole grain, whole wheat etc. Cut out fat, fried, greasy foods. added more nuts, fruit and veggies. I try never to do LOW FAT because your body needs the good fats in come things like milk and cheese etc, I haven't been feeling well the past few days but if you add my you can view my diary (I do not deny myself anything and am usually between 1100 to 1300 depending on workouts etc).

It's all about keeping it simple and easy to stick to...and never go back.
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    I am going to send you a FR. MFP suggested 1250 calories for my goals.... I have not been working out much because of an injury, so I have been staying right around 1250. Granted... the holiday weekend that passed, I didnt log much, but most of the time I log religously. Feel free to check it out!