Earlier heat time

Options

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Skitty, Windy, Sara, Mary, Eric, JAMESON and I are sticking to the 3:30 heat, it would seem.

Elena (LMNOP) is driving up to watch the 3:30 heat as originally planned.

Why is the whiskey with you???
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Skitty, Windy, Sara, Mary, Eric, JAMESON and I are sticking to the 3:30 heat, it would seem.

Elena (LMNOP) is driving up to watch the 3:30 heat as originally planned.

Why is the whiskey with you???

We can bring our own/
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Bag check is $5?! WHAT THE FU(k?!

/rant
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

/rant
    I think we should all just shove our bags into as few bags as possible and pool $$.

Edit to add: Yes, I'm a cheap bish. Want to spend as much money on alcohol as possible. Every penny counts.
  • JoyousRen
    Options

/rant
    I think we should all just shove our bags into as few bags as possible and pool $$.

Edit to add: Yes, I'm a cheap bish. Want to spend as much money on alcohol as possible. Every penny counts.

I'm all about that, especially since the close parking is approximately 1/2 mile from the venue entrance.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

/rant

You have priorities.

This is why we're friends.

I'm bringing the bare necessities..phone, ID, cash, and smokes. Yes, smokes are a damn necessity. You guys will very quickly see how cranky I get without them if I don't bring them.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

/rant

You have priorities.

I'm bringing the bare necessities..phone, ID, cash, and smokes. Yes, smokes are a damn necessity. You guys will very quickly see how cranky I get without them if I don't bring them.

Why I'm with you.

Yoovie can Jen just watch our bags? And by "our" I mean mine.

At the WD Joy and I did we just left everything we had with the people who were spectators.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    You have priorities.

Will we have spectators at the earlier heat?
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    You have priorities.

Damn straight.

But we get a bag at registration with some shiz in it (shirt, etc), and I don't want to walk to the car to store it. So, they'll get my bag, and whoever wants to shove their bag in my bag, and some money from the group of us.

And THEN THERE WILL BE BOOZE (after that little race thing).

Edit: I was starting to get the feeling we wouldn't have spectators?
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

/rant

You have priorities.

I was wondering how a post race cigar would be viewed by the crowd....
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    With awe and jealousy?
  • GorillaNJ
    Options
    With awe and jealousy?

I'll be sure to pack you one then...
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I'll be sure to pack you one then...
    I love cigars but I can never finish one by myself.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

/rant

You have priorities.

Why I'm with you.

At the WD Joy and I did we just left everything we had with the people who were spectators.

im sidelined?

ETA - I thought that said Yoovie and Jen can just watch our bags?

Sure Im down with making her do hard manual labor any chance I get. Just dont weight down her shutterbutton arm.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

/rant

You have priorities.

Why I'm with you.

im sidelined?

Sure Im down with making her do hard manual labor any chance I get. Just dont weight down her shutterbutton arm.
    I damn near had a heart attack when I read "I'm sidelined"

DON'T DO THAT TO ME WOMAN.

And Gorilla, I fully plan on uttering "Give me a ****ing cigarette" the moment I cross that finish line. I ENCOURAGE you to light up a cigar.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Im going to run when that guy yelling motivational things lets people through. Unless Im somewhere else looking for a place to pee, then I'll run the next one.

I'm going to wake up Saturday morning, wherever I slept, and I'll be packed and ready.

When I arrive, I would like to see people I know.

When I get to the field depends on directions, traffic, parking times, herding cats, package pickup, etc. In order to run the 10:30 one, I think we would have to leave Brooklyn around 730 am. Which was the original plan and I dont think that Danny would be against switching back to it but we havent figured out the final logistics yet. But with no guarantee that we can all do this together if we run an earlier time, there's the chance that whoever cant get in will end up hanging around for a long time in the heat getting tired before they even race.

So hopefully, a solid plan will come together that includes a backup plan for those that can't sneak into hurricane heat :P
    There's honestly no guarantee that we can do this all together at the 3:30 time either...yes, we're on a team, but with all of us at varying fitness levels, we won't actually all be running together. Some will be ahead, some will be further behind.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be all "my way or the highway," if it's humid, I can NOT run in the afternoon. Between allergies and asthma, I won't be able to ****ing breathe. So I fully intend on running early in the am.

OH, and I've spoken with Danny. He's totally on board for an earlier start time.

ok whatever
  • yoovie
    Options

/rant

You have priorities.

Why I'm with you.

im sidelined?

I damn near had a heart attack when I read "I'm sidelined"

DON'T DO THAT TO ME WOMAN.

And Gorilla, I fully plan on uttering "Give me a ****ing cigarette" the moment I cross that finish line. I ENCOURAGE you to light up a cigar.

im smoking at the end.

Im going to wander off into nature and sit in the grass.
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

im smoking at the end.

And I will be smoking that grass.
  • yoovie
    Options

im smoking at the end.

youll be mad when i sit on it then
  • GorillaNJ
    Options

im smoking at the end.

youll be mad when i sit on it then

Who does not love a little grass and a little *kitten*?