My story.....

Options
Karrie0721
Karrie0721 Posts: 2 Member
I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2000 after oh I say 6 different doctors, many wrong diagnoses, PCOS it was. I have researched and researched and have used every prescription drugs. Suffered from excessive weight gain 75 pounds in one year, thinning hair, skin tags, growing hair in places no women wants, also no to mention the infertility!

So after everything I've been through the past 13 years. This is what I have realized! The only prescription drug I use is 2000mg. Metformin XR in the morning. Take it one step at a time, I quit smoking, then quit all cokes drink water, tea and occasional adult drink Vodka & cranberry juice. Then the diet, I've done it all! I mean everything. But this worked for me I got the myfitnesspal app and set a day to start, I like Monday!

Hardest part was the sugar and portion control. The first week really sucked! Tired, irritated, moody, miserable! Well that's what crap food does to your body. I got a gym membership and started going one hour a day, but did not try to kill myself. Started on treadmill for 10 min. And then tried the elliptical, and checked out the weights. Everyday I went back and did more than the day before. I got addicted to the my fitness pal and gym. I found a heart rate strap with watch that tracked calories and your heart rate with the excerise I did.

So I started seeing the scale go down every week 2-8 pounds a week. I lost 50 pounds in 4 months working out 5 days a week at least an hour a day. I was doing lots of cardio and then added some weight training and circuit training, combat class. I plateaued a few time but pushed harder, to get over it. Well I lost 66 pounds and fell off and gained 25 pounds back and here I am again.

My advice to you is eat low fat, low carb, and low sugar. Excerise, drink water, take vitamins and go natural. I did not go into great detail, but if you have questions ask! I want to help

Replies

• mrskeziawallace
    Options
    I know how you feel. Weightloss has been a yoyo for me since I was about 20. PCOS has made it really difficult. Keep strong xx