Is this an active group?

Options

Replies

• cg14120
    cg14120 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    walking will be a bit more enjoyable when i can get outside and have some scenery!!!
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I remember doing yard work last yr at this time.
    Ya know it's been a sucky winter when anything above 32 feels "warm" :)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Ah the memories of last spring:happy: and yes, once it hit 32, I have gone without a coat for short jaunts if the sun is out:bigsmile: I actually saw someone in t shirt and shorts on Saturday, but thats not quite me as of yet.... Keeping the fingers crossed we move out of this pattern soon!!:glasses:
  • nitrogen_widget
    Options
    Has it finally broken?
    Are we done seeing snow?
  • MSam1205
    Options
    still snow in the weather channel forecast for today, go figure. and its just so frigging windy still..... this was a very long bout of rain, I'm all wrinked up!:laugh:
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing The Color Run this summer?
    there is one in darien lake....june 22 and the one in august ..I will be at both! june 22 is also the st gregs 5k in the evening..doing that one on the same day as the color me rad....
  • nitrogen_widget
    Options
    FINALLY!
    I think we are a go!
  • MSam1205
    Options
    I hope so nitrogen.... but it almost feels like I turned off my Heat this past weekend to almost turning on the a/c this week:noway: I would just like some spring time temps.... not mid 80's yet!!!

But on the bright side, def more in the mood to walk outside, yardwork, etc etc feels soooooo goooood:love::love: :love:
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group.

I live in Middleport (it's in Niagara County).....and I work in Orleans County. I've lived in Middleport for all but 3 of my almost 42 years of life. I live in the house I grew up in with my husband, my two kids and my dogs Sophia Loren and Audrey Hepburn.

Hope to get to know you guys!!!!
  • nitrogen_widget
    Options
    This weather is still being a tease.

Also, new Planet Fitness opened up in Amherst on Maple behind Red Robin.
    Cheap membership & right now the place is dead.
    Even if it picks up they have so much equipment there.
  • MSam1205
    Options
    I took a look at the PF website, nice looking place. lots of machines in the pics? Do you go? I'm always a dork when it comes to knowing what to do with those machines . How much assistance do they give you if you need it? Do they also offer classses? could not tell from the website.

thanks!
  • nitrogen_widget
    Options
    I took a look at the PF website, nice looking place. lots of machines in the pics? Do you go? I'm always a dork when it comes to knowing what to do with those machines . How much assistance do they give you if you need it? Do they also offer classses? could not tell from the website.

thanks!

The people there seem friendly enough & I've seen employee's showing people different machines.
    Tons of machines.
    Tons of cardio equipment also.

They also have people there to help you design a workout plus the machines show which muscles they work.

I just wanted a place to do legs.
    My little bench at home with the leg attachment wasn't cutting it.
  • MSam1205
    Options
    Nitrogen: thanks for the response, I may go check it out. Cheaper right now than going back to the Acquatic center or even BAC!
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm too far away to go there. Would take me about 40 minutes just to get there. I'm lucky to have found a gym that is halfway between where I work and where I live so I can go after work. One side of the place is a circuit like Curves has I guess and the other side is ellipticals, treadmills, stationary bikes and some other things. We have three trainers who are each well versed in their own thing, which is nice because between the three of them you really learn a variety of things to do.

The only thing I wish I had access to would be a pool. I love to swim....but am too self conscious to put on a swim suit and go to a public pool. Someday.....but not today
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Buffalo, didnt think anyone on here ever talked. :)
  • MSam1205
    Options
    Every now and them someone pops up:laugh: More locals than we realize some times:drinker:
  • RobLoyst
    RobLoyst Posts: 2
    Options
    South Buffalo Reporting in :)
  • PersonalTrainerAndy
    Options
    Buffalo here... feel free to add me
  • PersonalTrainerAndy
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Andy and I have been a master trainer for a couple of years now. My company The Buffalo Athletic Club was recently bought out by LA Fitness which left myself in tough situation in regards to training. LA Fitness came in and not only raised the prices on training, but started treating the employees more like dollar signs than people

This has led to an exciting new personal training studio being developed and opening February 1st in the Eastern Hills Mall behind "Spoil me Silly" in a 2000 sq ft warehouse that we are currently transforming. Rates will be much cheaper and more affordable to make this more reasonable to our current clients as well as new prospects. If youre interested in coming down to see what its all about and trying a free session, Id be more than happy to show you the fire, confidence and passion behind what I do and who I am. Thanks for your time. For more information please message me here or feel free to call or text. 716 907 2726

Andrew Freeman,

NASM CPT
  • jUStPunkin
    jUStPunkin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good to see some activity here.......... How many of us were teased by that warm weather a week or so ago and thought it was going to last.........:bigsmile:

And now here we go again with the cold dark days:sad:

Hehehe.. so I just found this group and found it kind of funny that folks were complaining about last winter - I'll tell ya, I'd take that winter again over this one!!

So, anyway, doesn't seem to be an overly active group, but I'm here, from the southtowns..